RE: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396

  • Ron Aubry
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
      NO, it's Function + 6 key 3 different settings, repeat untill you get the one you want.

      "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
      God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

      > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      > From: moto2way@...
      > Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:38:55 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396
      >
      > I think its FUNC and 5 key at the same time.
      >

      > On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM, JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Good Morning
      > >
      > > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the
      > > name on the channel?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > John

      > --
      >
      > Follow Me On Twitter - @AndroidTechGuy<http://twitter.com/#!/androidtechguy>

    • JOHN PRICE
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
        Thank you but that doesn't do it.  Thanks for the try.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
          Press HOLD. Then while holding FUNC Key, press # 5.

          Dave L.

          Sent from an Apple iGadget.

          On Apr 7, 2012, at 15:49, JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...> wrote:

          > Thank you but that doesn't do it. Thanks for the try.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Gary Saffer
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
            On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
            > Good Morning
            >
            > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
            >
            > Thanks
            > John

            Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
            release the "5" key.
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
              You are going to get multiple answers since you didn't specify whether
              you have the 396T model or the 396XT model - you only said 396. We can
              assume that you meant XT because you are posting to the XT list, but you
              are getting answers for both units.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                Everyone posting "FUNC 5" should be aware that on the
                396XT FUNC 5 sets the volume offset and not the display.

                Also on the 396XT the function button is
                'sticky', so there is no need to hold it.

                Joe M.

                Gary Saffer wrote:
                > On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
                >> Good Morning
                >>
                >> Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
                >>
                >> Thanks
                >> John

                > Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
                > release the "5" key.
              • Gary Saffer
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                  Since he asked "from frequency to name" it's not unreasonable to think
                  that for some reason he's asking about the 396t on the XT list. Maybe
                  he's not a high end scanner user like we are and assumes that they are
                  the same thing.

                  I wasn't aware that the function key was sticky on the XT portable.
                  Thanks, that makes things easier.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                    See my other post. I mentioned that answers will
                    be forthcoming for both units due to the ambiguity.

                    The function key will timeout on the XT after
                    5 seconds or so, but generally it is 'sticky'.

                    Of course, on the 396T the function key is not sticky at all.

                    Joe M.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 8, 2012
                      it's sticky if you hold it in long enough, then the F symbol blinks, indicating
                      FUNC mode is ON without timing out...