Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396

  • Patrick - 2-Way Guy
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
      I think its FUNC and 5 key at the same time.

      On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM, JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Good Morning
      >
      > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the
      > name on the channel?
      >
      > Thanks
      > John

      Follow Me On Twitter - @AndroidTechGuy<http://twitter.com/#!/androidtechguy>

    • Ron Aubry
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
        NO, it's Function + 6 key 3 different settings, repeat untill you get the one you want.

        "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
        God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

        > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        > From: moto2way@...
        > Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:38:55 -0500
        > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden 396
        >
        > I think its FUNC and 5 key at the same time.
        >

        > On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM, JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Good Morning
        > >
        > > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the
        > > name on the channel?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > John

        > --
        >
        > Follow Me On Twitter - @AndroidTechGuy<http://twitter.com/#!/androidtechguy>

      • JOHN PRICE
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
          Thank you but that doesn't do it.  Thanks for the try.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
            Press HOLD. Then while holding FUNC Key, press # 5.

            Dave L.

            Sent from an Apple iGadget.

            On Apr 7, 2012, at 15:49, JOHN PRICE <jp5464jp@...> wrote:

            > Thank you but that doesn't do it. Thanks for the try.
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Gary Saffer
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
              On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
              > Good Morning
              >
              > Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
              >
              > Thanks
              > John

              Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
              release the "5" key.
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                You are going to get multiple answers since you didn't specify whether
                you have the 396T model or the 396XT model - you only said 396. We can
                assume that you meant XT because you are posting to the XT list, but you
                are getting answers for both units.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                  Everyone posting "FUNC 5" should be aware that on the
                  396XT FUNC 5 sets the volume offset and not the display.

                  Also on the 396XT the function button is
                  'sticky', so there is no need to hold it.

                  Joe M.

                  Gary Saffer wrote:
                  > On 4/7/2012 8:49 AM, JOHN PRICE wrote:
                  >> Good Morning
                  >>
                  >> Does anyone know how to change on the display from the frequency to the name on the channel?
                  >>
                  >> Thanks
                  >> John

                  > Put the scanner in "HOLD", press and hold the Function key, press and
                  > release the "5" key.
                • Gary Saffer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                    Since he asked "from frequency to name" it's not unreasonable to think
                    that for some reason he's asking about the 396t on the XT list. Maybe
                    he's not a high end scanner user like we are and assumes that they are
                    the same thing.

                    I wasn't aware that the function key was sticky on the XT portable.
                    Thanks, that makes things easier.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
                      See my other post. I mentioned that answers will
                      be forthcoming for both units due to the ambiguity.

                      The function key will timeout on the XT after
                      5 seconds or so, but generally it is 'sticky'.

                      Of course, on the 396T the function key is not sticky at all.

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 8, 2012
                        it's sticky if you hold it in long enough, then the F symbol blinks, indicating
                        FUNC mode is ON without timing out...