Re: And how does this fit the radio?

  • Shelley Sheahan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 6:36 AM
      9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIyNzA2NDA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM2NTE4BH
      NlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMzMyODQyNDQ-> Re: And how does this fit
      the radio?

      Posted by: "david40_33711" david40@...
      <mailto:david40@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20And%20how%20does%20this%2
      0fit%20the%20radio%3F> david40_33711
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/david40_33711>

      Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 pm (PDT)

      Looks darn near useless to me. It's a closed case so you can't operate the
      radio at all, without opening the thing.
      I like the hard leather case with the openings and sturdy quick release belt
      clip.

      I agree completely David!! Except mine never moves.it's mobile.

      I use the 396XT strictly in my personal car with a remote head.and it never
      leaves the car (gets stored, locked in the glove box if I have to be away
      from the car). But it's useless in a case like that, even with my remote
      head.you cannot access the keypad and I do not use the keypad on the remote
      head - it's mounted on the dash, up close to the windshield and doesn't move
      at all.nor can I easily reach it. If I want to pause the radio I can do so
      without even looking - it sits just to my right, in a cup holder and I know
      where each button and knob is on it.again, without looking. I've had the
      radio since it was released.I enjoy it every bit as much as the HP-1 - they
      each serve a purpose equally well, IMHO.

      Shell

    • mountain1
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 12:04 PM
        The only purpose I can see for this would be if I was travelling and wanted a semi-hard/protected case to throw into a bag. In that regards, it beats sticking it in a padded sock... but just barely.
      • Doug Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1 4:57 PM
          You have hit the nail on the head !!!!

          All the hard case is intended for is a transportation case to protect it when you put it in some luggage when travelling.

          Regards,

          Doug VK2XLJ

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: Lists@...