And how does this fit the radio?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
    • mountain1
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
        Lance, those are portable hard drive cases and I've got a few of them hanging around. I decided to see if my 396 would fit in it, and I've uploaded a 7 shots showing the results.

        Basically if you take off the belt clip stud and the antenna, it's a tight fit, but it does close.

        Oh and don't pay that price on ebay if you are interested. You can get them for about 6 bucks on amazon with free shipping.

        > Anyone else seen this?
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-BEARCAT-BCD396XT-COMPACT-APCO-25-HANDHELD-SCANNER-CASE-1-ON-EBAY-/360446056792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec425958#ht_4217wt_956

      • david40_33711
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
          Looks darn near useless to me. It's a closed case so you can't operate the radio at all, without opening the thing.
          I like the hard leather case with the openings and sturdy quick release belt clip.

          > Anyone else seen this?
          >
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-BEARCAT-BCD396XT-COMPACT-APCO-25-HANDHELD-SCANNER-CASE-1-ON-EBAY-/360446056792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ec425958#ht_4217wt_956

        • James F. Boehner MD
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2012
            LOL!

            Might just as well call a hard shell Samsonite suitcase a scanner case!

            '73 de JIM N2ZZ

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD396XT/message/6518;_ylc=X3oDMTJyN2hkamhnBF
              9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIyNzA2NDA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM2NTE4BH
              NlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMzMyODQyNDQ-> Re: And how does this fit
              the radio?

              Posted by: "david40_33711" david40@...
              <mailto:david40@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20And%20how%20does%20this%2
              0fit%20the%20radio%3F> david40_33711
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/david40_33711>

              Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 pm (PDT)

              Looks darn near useless to me. It's a closed case so you can't operate the
              radio at all, without opening the thing.
              I like the hard leather case with the openings and sturdy quick release belt
              clip.

              I agree completely David!! Except mine never moves.it's mobile.

              I use the 396XT strictly in my personal car with a remote head.and it never
              leaves the car (gets stored, locked in the glove box if I have to be away
              from the car). But it's useless in a case like that, even with my remote
              head.you cannot access the keypad and I do not use the keypad on the remote
              head - it's mounted on the dash, up close to the windshield and doesn't move
              at all.nor can I easily reach it. If I want to pause the radio I can do so
              without even looking - it sits just to my right, in a cup holder and I know
              where each button and knob is on it.again, without looking. I've had the
              radio since it was released.I enjoy it every bit as much as the HP-1 - they
              each serve a purpose equally well, IMHO.

              Shell

            • mountain1
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                The only purpose I can see for this would be if I was travelling and wanted a semi-hard/protected case to throw into a bag. In that regards, it beats sticking it in a padded sock... but just barely.
              • Doug Johnson
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                  You have hit the nail on the head !!!!

                  All the hard case is intended for is a transportation case to protect it when you put it in some luggage when travelling.

                  Regards,

                  Doug VK2XLJ

                  To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                  From: Lists@...