Re: [BCD396XT] Max Groups...

    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
      These were excerpts from Marks Scanners easier to read manual...

      That's definitely another way to do it...

      Thanks non the less.

      On Mar 23, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Paul Opitz wrote:

      > Not quite. You can assign the same group quick key to multiple channel groups
      > within a system.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Ron Aubry
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
        Sorry, my bad...your correct only 10 groups in a system. but the systems go to 99 so the "." works in that respect. I was looking at the wrong thing..I do the same thing, but only use the frequences that don't fit in the first system.. I don't duplicate the whole system. only the control channels and the new frequencies..

        "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
        God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        From: david40@...
        Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:02:53 +0000
        Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

        Opps! Correction, I just realized ".23" is a bad example since there is a 20 Group limit per system. A better example would be ".18"

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Aubry" <trkntrlrman@...> wrote:

        > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the

        > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like

        > .23 works great.

      • Ron Aubry
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
          To activate a system over 10. you hold, function, period, then the number. you have to hold on the system your changing...

          "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
          God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

          > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          > From: milcom_chaser@...
          > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:16:17 -0600
          > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering
          >
          > That will activate/deactivate any system above 0-9
          >
          > So if you have a conventional system with more than 10 groups, how do you activate/deactivate them according to your understanding?
          >

          > On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Ron Aubry wrote:
          >
          > > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the
          > > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like
          > > .23 works great.

        • Ron Aubry
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
            Yes Paul.... I said OOps.... My Bad...

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
            From: pmanu44@...
            Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:06:02 -0700
            Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

            The person who replied to you was in error. There are only 10 group quick keys.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
              No.

              You can have 20 groups per system.

              You have only 10 Group Quick Keys per system.

              Ron in Eugene

            • mygroups2007@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                No.

                To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                Ron in Eugene

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                  I think the other Ron may still be confusing Systems and Groups and
                  their respective functions.

                  For Systems, you must be scanning, and you press the SQK number (or the
                  decimal point and a double-digit number) to enable/disable.

                  For Groups, you must be on the System you wish to change the Group
                  status on (either in HOLD or SCANNING mode), and you press FUNC then the
                  GQK which is always a single digit.

                  Joe M.

                  mygroups2007@... wrote:
                  > No.
                  >
                  > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                  >

                  > Ron in Eugene

                • Jeffry Rehm
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                    Another wish for updates etc., adding the delay feature to "each" channel in within the scanner. Not just to the system's as a whole. And while we are asking, how bout adding 3 and 4 seconds to the delay times. What the heck.

                    mygroups2007@... wrote:
                    > No.
                    >
                    > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                    >

                    > Ron in Eugene

                  • Michael Sigler
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                      I’ll throw another wish item on there too. A Clock would be handy, I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I only have my scanner and a clock would be helpful too.

                      Mike

                      mygroups2007@... <mailto:mygroups2007%40comcast.net> wrote:
                      > No.
                      >
                      > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                      >

                      > Ron in Eugene

                    • Ron Aubry
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                        Mine will not lock out the sub groop unless I hold on the system It is in... This is becouse there are multiple systems with the same group number and the group numbers are spacific to the system they are in...

                        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        From: mygroups2007@...
                        Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:13:24 +0000

                        No.

                        To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                        Ron in Eugene

                        To activate a system over 10. you hold, function, period, then the number. you have to hold on the system your changing...

                        "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."

                        God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

                        > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                        > From: milcom_chaser@...

                        > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:16:17 -0600

                        > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

                        > That will activate/deactivate any system above 0-9

                        > So if you have a conventional system with more than 10 groups, how do you activate/deactivate them according to your understanding?

                        > On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Ron Aubry wrote:

                        > > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the

                        > > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like

                        > > .23 works great.

                      • Ron Aubry
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                          Precisely.....didn't mean to confuse anyone...That's what happens when you try to do something before the meds...hehhehe

                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                          From: mch@...
                          Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:20:30 -0400

                          mygroups2007@... wrote:

                          > No.

                          > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                          > Ron in Eugene

                        • Jerry Mader
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                            here's one.
                            How about adding in a way for the scanner to pick up or receive E A S info
                            from a broadcast radio station.
                            Why couldn't this be done? I mean, the scanner can already tune into the fm
                            broadcast band so this should be easy, though I'm not a programmer so it
                            probably isn't.
                            But i thought I'd throw it out there.
                            Jerry Mader

                            _____