Re: Max Groups...

  • david40_33711
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
      That's what I thought. Maybe he has System and Groups confused? I still can't understand why they would setup the firmware to allow storing 20 Groups but then give us only 10 Group Qkeys for them?
      The other pet peeve I have is the way Number Tags work. You can assign anything to a Number Tag but will only manually step through multiple items, it won't Scan multiple items attached to that Tag automatically. If it DID do that we'd hardly need the Groups feature at all.
      Gee that just gave me an idea to access the other 10 groups that are not assigned to one of the ten Qkeys. I wonder if I can assign Number Tags to eachof those other 10 Groups and scan them that way. Interesting experiment to try.....

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
        These were excerpts from Marks Scanners easier to read manual...

        That's definitely another way to do it...

        Thanks non the less.

        On Mar 23, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Paul Opitz wrote:

        > Not quite. You can assign the same group quick key to multiple channel groups
        > within a system.
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Ron Aubry
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
          Sorry, my bad...your correct only 10 groups in a system. but the systems go to 99 so the "." works in that respect. I was looking at the wrong thing..I do the same thing, but only use the frequences that don't fit in the first system.. I don't duplicate the whole system. only the control channels and the new frequencies..

          "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
          God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: david40@...
          Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:02:53 +0000
          Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

          Opps! Correction, I just realized ".23" is a bad example since there is a 20 Group limit per system. A better example would be ".18"

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Aubry" <trkntrlrman@...> wrote:

          > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the

          > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like

          > .23 works great.

        • Ron Aubry
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
            To activate a system over 10. you hold, function, period, then the number. you have to hold on the system your changing...

            "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."
            God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

            > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
            > From: milcom_chaser@...
            > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:16:17 -0600
            > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering
            >
            > That will activate/deactivate any system above 0-9
            >
            > So if you have a conventional system with more than 10 groups, how do you activate/deactivate them according to your understanding?
            >

            > On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Ron Aubry wrote:
            >
            > > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the
            > > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like
            > > .23 works great.

          • Ron Aubry
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
              Yes Paul.... I said OOps.... My Bad...

              To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
              From: pmanu44@...
              Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:06:02 -0700
              Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

              The person who replied to you was in error. There are only 10 group quick keys.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                No.

                You can have 20 groups per system.

                You have only 10 Group Quick Keys per system.

                Ron in Eugene

              • mygroups2007@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                  No.

                  To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                  Ron in Eugene

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                    I think the other Ron may still be confusing Systems and Groups and
                    their respective functions.

                    For Systems, you must be scanning, and you press the SQK number (or the
                    decimal point and a double-digit number) to enable/disable.

                    For Groups, you must be on the System you wish to change the Group
                    status on (either in HOLD or SCANNING mode), and you press FUNC then the
                    GQK which is always a single digit.

                    Joe M.

                    mygroups2007@... wrote:
                    > No.
                    >
                    > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                    >

                    > Ron in Eugene

                  • Jeffry Rehm
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                      Another wish for updates etc., adding the delay feature to "each" channel in within the scanner. Not just to the system's as a whole. And while we are asking, how bout adding 3 and 4 seconds to the delay times. What the heck.

                      mygroups2007@... wrote:
                      > No.
                      >
                      > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                      >

                      > Ron in Eugene

                    • Michael Sigler
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                        I’ll throw another wish item on there too. A Clock would be handy, I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I only have my scanner and a clock would be helpful too.

                        Mike

                        mygroups2007@... <mailto:mygroups2007%40comcast.net> wrote:
                        > No.
                        >
                        > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....
                        >

                        > Ron in Eugene

                      • Ron Aubry
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                          Mine will not lock out the sub groop unless I hold on the system It is in... This is becouse there are multiple systems with the same group number and the group numbers are spacific to the system they are in...

                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                          From: mygroups2007@...
                          Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:13:24 +0000

                          No.

                          To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                          Ron in Eugene

                          To activate a system over 10. you hold, function, period, then the number. you have to hold on the system your changing...

                          "Ask not of your friends , That which your friends could not ask of you."

                          God Bless....Ronald E Aubry

                          > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                          > From: milcom_chaser@...

                          > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:16:17 -0600

                          > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Wondering

                          > That will activate/deactivate any system above 0-9

                          > So if you have a conventional system with more than 10 groups, how do you activate/deactivate them according to your understanding?

                          > On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Ron Aubry wrote:

                          > > It already does that.use freescan, change the color where you enter the

                          > > frequency. for more than 10 groups use the (period) "." before the no like

                          > > .23 works great.

                        • Ron Aubry
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                            Precisely.....didn't mean to confuse anyone...That's what happens when you try to do something before the meds...hehhehe

                            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                            From: mch@...
                            Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:20:30 -0400

                            mygroups2007@... wrote:

                            > No.

                            > To activate a system over 9, you press period and then the number of the system while the scanner is scanning. Do not press Hold, do not press function, do not collect $200....

                            > Ron in Eugene

                          • Jerry Mader
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 23, 2012
                              here's one.
                              How about adding in a way for the scanner to pick up or receive E A S info
                              from a broadcast radio station.
                              Why couldn't this be done? I mean, the scanner can already tune into the fm
                              broadcast band so this should be easy, though I'm not a programmer so it
                              probably isn't.
                              But i thought I'd throw it out there.
                              Jerry Mader

                              _____