Re: [BCD396XT] deleteing systems

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
      If you delete a system on your laptop, and then upload it to the radio, yes what you deleted will be mirrored on your radio.

      When I first got my radio, I downloaded it's factory programmed systems to my software (FreeSCAN), and then saved that copy as a original base line.

      Then, I started deleting what I didn't need, and add my own systems and groups in software.

      Next, I saved it, and then upload my finished work to the radio.

      -Lance

      On Mar 20, 2012, at 12:21 PM, }{DarkWolf}{ wrote:

      > if i delete a system from the laptop how will that effect the radio when came preprogramed with the scanner will it effect the scanner or will that remain in the radio when you set it back too defaults
      >

      > TODAY(Beta) � Powered by Yahoo!
      > Amelia Earhart mystery takes new turn
      > A recently uncovered photo may offer a tantalizing clue to the famous aviator's fate.
      > Privacy Policy

    • david40_33711
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
        Keep in mind the systems that come with the radio are in the firmware. Even if you erase the memory, when you go to Reset the Radio (press Hold,2, 9, & On Button simultanously) the radio will ask if you want the original factory systems loaded. I usually choose NO because I want memory empty to receive the new profile I created. Another reason I reset the radio every time I load a profile is that I have had problems with memory becoming corrupted when I try to erase and load a new profile from the software. So no matter how bad you might screw things up just do a Reset, and if you want the factory setup and systems just select Yes when asked.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
          I've never had to do a full reset when I upload or save, that is very interesting...

          Using FreeSCAN.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
            I'm using ARC-XT Pro, but I have heard from other users with Freescan and others who get occasional glitches. Like all of a sudden one system won't scan, or you might have only one system active but it still scans other systems. Just wierd squirly stuff that happens. They tell me it's the radio's memory messing up not the software, but who knows for sure. Some people just reload everything but I have found it's easier to just reset. I want to try using FreeScan but they are having a issues with it running under XP. They are working on trying to fix the problems.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
              I have freescan working on XP in a virtual environment, so its running within Apple OSX.

              I've never had FreeSCAN give me problems. If your radio is scanning multiple systems, you might want to verify the systems you don't want active are indeed locked-out,
              and or check to see if you have multiple quick keys assigned to one system...

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
                That's what is driving the FreeScan programmer nuts. It works fine on some XP machines and others it won't. It will not run on mine or my daughter's computer. He sent me a couple of experimental versions to try that failed. He can't duplicate the problem on his computer and that makes it even harder to figure out.
                I do all my setup in the software and never make any changes directly to the radio. It's not lock-outs because I don't use them. So I know it's not anything like that or shared Qkeys because all I have to do is reset the radio and reload, then everything is fine. I only run into problems if I try to reload a new profile without reseting the radio first, even when I check the box that says delete all existing systems. I guess some remnant remains that corrupts something. But no problem it only take two minutes to completely reload everything.

                > I have freescan working on XP in a virtual environment, so its running within Apple OSX.
                >
                > I've never had FreeSCAN give me problems. If your radio is scanning multiple systems, you might want to verify the systems you don't want active are indeed locked-out,
                > and or check to see if you have multiple quick keys assigned to one system...
                >

                > On Mar 20, 2012, at 4:57 PM, david40_33711 wrote:
                >
                > > I'm using ARC-XT Pro, but I have heard from other users with Freescan and others who get occasional glitches. Like all of a sudden one system won't scan, or you might have only one system active but it still scans other systems. Just wierd squirly stuff that happens. They tell me it's the radio's memory messing up not the software, but who knows for sure. Some people just reload everything but I have found it's easier to just reset. I want to try using FreeScan but they are having a issues with it running under XP. They are working on trying to fix the problems.
                > >
                > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I've never had to do a full reset when I upload or save, that is very interesting...
                > > >
                > > > Using FreeSCAN.

              • Ron Cluster
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
                  FreeScan runs perfectly on XP for me. Both on "real" PC hardware and now in a virtual environment on Mac OS X. Never had a problem with it.

                  Ron in Eugene

                  On Mar 20, 2012, at 3:57 PM, david40_33711 wrote:

                  > I'm using ARC-XT Pro, but I have heard from other users with Freescan and others who get occasional glitches. Like all of a sudden one system won't scan, or you might have only one system active but it still scans other systems. Just wierd squirly stuff that happens. They tell me it's the radio's memory messing up not the software, but who knows for sure. Some people just reload everything but I have found it's easier to just reset. I want to try using FreeScan but they are having a issues with it running under XP. They are working on trying to fix the problems.
                  >
                  > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I've never had to do a full reset when I upload or save, that is very interesting...
                  >>
                  >> Using FreeSCAN.
                  >>

                  >> On Mar 20, 2012, at 3:46 PM, david40_33711 wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Keep in mind the systems that come with the radio are in the firmware. Even if you erase the memory, when you go to Reset the Radio (press Hold,2, 9, & On Button simultanously) the radio will ask if you want the original factory systems loaded. I usually choose NO because I want memory empty to receive the new profile I created. Another reason I reset the radio every time I load a profile is that I have had problems with memory becoming corrupted when I try to erase and load a new profile from the software. So no matter how bad you might screw things up just do a Reset, and if you want the factory setup and systems just select Yes when asked.

                • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 21, 2012
                    At 11:13 AM 3/21/2012, you wrote:
                    >I have freescan working on XP in a virtual environment, so its
                    >running within Apple OSX.
                    >
                    >I've never had FreeSCAN give me problems. If your radio is scanning
                    >multiple systems, you might want to verify the systems you don't
                    >want active are indeed locked-out,
                    >and or check to see if you have multiple quick keys assigned to one system...

                    I run Freescan under XP on an old laptop, no dramas.

                    73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
                    http://vkradio.com
                  • John
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 21, 2012
                      Never had a problem with FreeScan on any computer since it's inception. And
                      most issues it has been user error and not the program causing issues.