RE: [BCD396XT] Adapter vs Converter

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2012
      Hahhahhah! That's a good one Lance.
      Jerry Mader

      -----Original Message-----
      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Lance
      Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 11:51 AM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Adapter vs Converter

      My girl friend has an converter Joe. It's a female to male speech
      converter.
      It allows me to understand what she is trying to tell me, in terms the male
      brain can make sense of...

      There's supposed to be an upgrade this year that includes a whine and demand
      filter...

      :)

      On Mar 9, 2012, at 9:32 AM, MCH wrote:

      > No, an adapter has electronics in it, too. It adapts one format to
      > another. I have several USB adapters. A wire with connectors is called
      > a cable. My lamp does not have an adapter on it - it has a cable which
      > plugs into the wall socket.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > david40_33711 wrote:
      > > The terms are use interchangeably in error. An adapter is just a wire
      for wire interface (no electronics). The converter has a chip (internal
      electronics) that converts the signals transparently and requires a software
      driver.

      > > 03/09/12 02:34:00
      > >

      > TODAY(Beta) . Powered by Yahoo!
      > Finding the best eye shadow for you
      > It seems there's no rhyme or reason to matching colors, but one expert
      helps avoid guesswork.
      > Privacy Policy

    • Tim Woodward
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2012
        Lance - Let us all know when the upgrade is available.

        Just to add: I think all terms in general are used incorrectly according to
        someone else...future famous quote. lol

        My point was exactly this and meant for the light communication that
        followed nothing more.

        Have a great weekend all.