Adapter vs Converter

  • david40_33711
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9 8:13 AM
      The terms are use interchangeably in error. An adapter is just a wire for wire interface (no electronics). The converter has a chip (internal electronics) that converts the signals transparently and requires a software driver.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9 8:32 AM
        No, an adapter has electronics in it, too. It adapts one format to
        another. I have several USB adapters. A wire with connectors is called a
        cable. My lamp does not have an adapter on it - it has a cable which
        plugs into the wall socket.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9 8:50 AM
          My girl friend has an converter Joe. It's a female to male speech converter.
          It allows me to understand what she is trying to tell me, in terms the male brain can make sense of...

          There's supposed to be an upgrade this year that includes a whine and demand filter...

          :)

          On Mar 9, 2012, at 9:32 AM, MCH wrote:

          > No, an adapter has electronics in it, too. It adapts one format to
          > another. I have several USB adapters. A wire with connectors is called a
          > cable. My lamp does not have an adapter on it - it has a cable which
          > plugs into the wall socket.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > david40_33711 wrote:
          > > The terms are use interchangeably in error. An adapter is just a wire for wire interface (no electronics). The converter has a chip (internal electronics) that converts the signals transparently and requires a software driver.

          > TODAY(Beta) � Powered by Yahoo!
          > Finding the best eye shadow for you
          > It seems there's no rhyme or reason to matching colors, but one expert helps avoid guesswork.
          > Privacy Policy

        • Jerry Mader
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9 8:53 AM
            Hahhahhah! That's a good one Lance.
            Jerry Mader

            My girl friend has an converter Joe. It's a female to male speech
            converter.
            It allows me to understand what she is trying to tell me, in terms the male
            brain can make sense of...

            There's supposed to be an upgrade this year that includes a whine and demand
            filter...

            :)

            On Mar 9, 2012, at 9:32 AM, MCH wrote:

            > No, an adapter has electronics in it, too. It adapts one format to
            > another. I have several USB adapters. A wire with connectors is called
            > a cable. My lamp does not have an adapter on it - it has a cable which
            > plugs into the wall socket.
            >
            > Joe M.
            >
            > david40_33711 wrote:
            > > The terms are use interchangeably in error. An adapter is just a wire
            for wire interface (no electronics). The converter has a chip (internal
            electronics) that converts the signals transparently and requires a software
            driver.

            > > 03/09/12 02:34:00
            > >

            > TODAY(Beta) . Powered by Yahoo!
            > Finding the best eye shadow for you
            > It seems there's no rhyme or reason to matching colors, but one expert
            helps avoid guesswork.
            > Privacy Policy

          • Tim Woodward
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9 10:03 AM
              Lance - Let us all know when the upgrade is available.

              Just to add: I think all terms in general are used incorrectly according to
              someone else...future famous quote. lol

              My point was exactly this and meant for the light communication that
              followed nothing more.

              Have a great weekend all.