Re: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups

    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
      I have SQK 0 set for "Close Call"

      Once I have tagged a few transmissions, I hit that key and scan them.

      Very useful...

      -Lance

      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
        That's fine, but the point is that some models reserve SQK 0 for special
        functions, so in those models SQK 0 would not do the same thing it does
        in yours.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
          You mean like the BR-330T with the Nascar Logo. Cool radio with it's coverage, horrible display...

          Off topic, but "That's Fine"

          Cheers Joe,

          -Lance

        • Jerry Mader
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
            Hey I have free scan and i kind of need help.
            I have to go in and label the combo boxes as they don't speak well with my
            screen reading device.
            I need them to say what I'm changing in them like for example, when i go to
            system quick key i need to know that that's the box I'm changing not the
            dropdown for the delay.
            Could someone help me off list with this?
            MY email is Management@...
            I'd greatly appreciate it.
            I just need to verbally talk to someone on skype or on the phone while in
            upload and download so i can understand what I'm looking at so to speak as a
            quick fix.
            The long way around it is, that, I'm trying to build some scripts for jaws
            for windows a screen reading software for this software too.
            A great friend of mine could do this but I don't know how to contact the
            developer to have him help my buddy write the software to work with the
            scripts for me to make this easier to use.
            Yes blind friendly mode is nice, but the program has to be relabeled and
            stuff for the combo boxes and check boxes, radio buttons, edit fields ETC.
            which my friend could help with too at no charge. He's a great programmer
            and does wonderfully on jaws for windows scripting for the blind.
            Thanks
            Jerry Mader

            _____

            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
              I have a few questions.
              And i really need help here. I don't mean to go off topic and I'm sorry if I
              am.
              But I'm trying to work on this with absolutely no sighted help, so the more
              help I can get the better.

              IN the site dialog on free scan, when you're modifying a site, under the
              quick key tab is where i am.
              And well i have the quick key labeled right that's right after the place
              that you'd put the name of the site you're setting up. SO i have that box
              set to read "quick key" when i land on it.

              See, I'm using my tab key, i can't use a mouse at all because Jaws For
              Windows won't read mouse usage, it only uses the keyboard.
              Then there is the locked out box to check if you wanna kill the whole site.

              Then after that box, there's the Modulation box, that has like fm, auto and
              narrow fm things like that. Then, there's another box, labeled that box, and
              that's right after the modulation box.
              Then there's a 20 db attenuation check box, now I'm up to another control
              box i don't know what it does.
              It's right after the box which i labeled that is for the type of trunking
              system you want to set the site for. It's, a box that has the options, 0 to
              255 what am i setting in that control drop down?
              Now after that I've got a box, and in it it has a 0 to 9 dropdown and right
              now it's got a . in it. What is that box for?Then after that box, there's a
              few buttons that are unlabeled and then there's the find free button. Then
              right after that is the box that's for the site time hold time, and after
              that box i see the place to set the hold time if i were to set that
              pervious box to manual.
              Then i see the P25 digital wait time box. After that is the state box. and
              it's set to off. then i go back to the system's tree view.
              SO what are those controls that I don't have marked yet? Would someone
              kindly let me know? just press your tab key and move around the screen using
              the Tab key,, I'm using the tab and shift tab mainly to get around.
              So if you'd greatly thread this and tell me what I'm looking at I'd
              appreciate it so much, because then i could use this with out a problem and
              be able to do as you who are sighted can do.
              Thanks for all of your kind help it's very much appreciated.
              Jerry Mader

              Then after that i see this other box, and it goes from 0 to 9.
              Thanks

              _____

> [...]

              systems, hit 1 when the scanner is powering up.

              Any system not assigned a Start-Up Key will not be affected by the
              reconfiguration, so you could have a THIRD system with your common
              channels and assign that no Start-Up Key, and remove them from both of
              the other systems.

              Basically, the Start-Up keys are mass-lockout/unlock commands. Only the
              systems assigned to the Start-Up key pressed will be unlocked, while ALL
              OTHER systems assigned different Start-Up Keys will be locked out.

              Funny how much easier it is to explain in the morning as opposed to 1 AM
              at night. ;->

              I'm assuming you have a large number of Systems that you want changed by
              the Summer/Winter configuration. If not, it might be easier to use a
              System Quick Key to enable or disable them. That way, you could easily

            • David Johnson
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                On my Free Scan, under the P25 site, the tab order is:
                Site Name
                Quick Key
                Locked Out check box
                Modulation
                20dB Attenuation
                Site Type (P25 Standard is default for a digital system)
                The Next one is Hold Time 0-255
                Then, you have the Startup Key (with the . in it)
                The next three boxes are justification (Right, Centre, Left) for the site
                label.
                Then Find Free (which finds the next unused Quick key)
                Then APCO Mode
                Then Threshold
                Then P25 Wait Time
                Then State (USA)

                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                  There is a Freescan Yahoo Group.

                  You might have a wider audience of users their to help you...

                • Jerry Mader
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                    _____

                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                      there was a bit of a mistake message just sent out by me sorry about that. I
                      didn't realize it replied to the list lol.
                      It didn't have anything in the body, sorry about that.

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                        Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                        I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                        I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                        Jerry Mader

                        _____

                        If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                        SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.

                        UpMan
                        UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                        emailing me directly

                        >________________________________

                      • Shawn Kurschner
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                          I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                          http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/

                          *Shawn Kurschner*

                          ***(MCP, CSS, HDA, MCDST, MCTS)*

                          *Manitowoc, WI USA
                          *

                        • Mel
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                            Go here http://scannow.org/forum/ it is not a Yahoo group he has his
                            own web site

                            Mel

                            --
                            http://shiptraffic.ca/
                          • Rob Jones
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                              Try the developer's user forum at http://scannow.org/forum/ or email the developer directly at info@....

                              Rob

                              --
                              [ Sent from my iPhone ]

                              On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...> wrote:

                              > I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                              > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/
                              >
                              > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...>wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                              > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                              > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                              > > Jerry Mader
                              > >
                              > > _____

                            • Jerry Mader
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                How does the bcd396xt handle status bits?
                                Also how can i get the ICall feature to work on my bcd396xt in an EDACS
                                system. Is there some kind of talk group ID i need to program into it?
                                And how do I do that?
                                Thank you.
                                Jerry Mader

                                _____

                                On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...

                                <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com> >wrote:

                                > > **
                                > >

                                > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                                > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                                > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                                > > Jerry Mader
                                > >
                                > > _____
                                > >
                                > > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                Behalf
                                > > Of Uniden UPMan
                                > > Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 2:20 PM
                                > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                > > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups
                                > >
                                > > If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                                > > SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.
                                > >
                                > > UpMan
                                > > UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                                > > emailing me directly
                                > >
                                > > >________________________________
                                > > > From: Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...
                                <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com>

                              • Ronski45
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                  I have already set all the ICALLS for your radio.

                                  Personally Ive never heard any icalls on consumers energy, I'm sure some
                                  have though.
                                  Ive only heard them on Saginaw and some on the MPSCS. Be advised they
                                  are a rare thing.
                                  How do you set them ? Manually - make a new talkgroup, then hit the .
                                  button twice and then the 0

                                  In freescan add this is a talkgroup -> i0

                                  Again I did that already for you.

                                  Status bits - From my knowledge they are only for type II Motorola
                                  systems. MPSCS / Saginaw is not

                                  Either in a search here or at radioreference.com im sure many answers to
                                  your questions already are available. You dont need to make an account
                                  on radioreference unless you post.

                                  Also more freescan support here -
                                  http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/

                                  Also more 396xt support here -