RE: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3 10:56 PM
      Sorry for not understanding this all the way, I can't comprehend too well.
      I apologize, but what I'm trying to do and maybe you could tell me how I'd
      do this for example is have 2 systems.
      A winter start up configuration and a summer one.
      With startup key 1, i would have all my winter systems that i listen too in
      the winter on start up key one.
      Then when i hit startup 2 all of those would be disabled and the summer
      config with the summer oriented systems and talk groups would be enabled and
      the winter one would disappear until winter again.
      But for this I'd need to upload 2 sets of the same systems right, can I do
      that or will it mess up the scanner?
      Reason I'd need to do that is that set one would contain all of my winter
      systems and some of them will be duplicates, such as police and fire and
      such. But then it would also add in the school buses, and plow trucks and
      stuff. With system two i wanted to be able to upload that one under start up
      2 and that one would have still the groups for the state police things like
      that as system one would have, but would turn on the parks, and recreations,
      and sky warn repeaters and stuff like that.
      How would i do this so it would work the way I'd want it to do so? Or can't
      I do this at all?
      Jerry Mader

      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 4 8:32 AM
        Threaded...

        Jerry Mader wrote:
        > Sorry for not understanding this all the way, I can't comprehend too well.

        I could have explained it better, too.

        > I apologize, but what I'm trying to do and maybe you could tell me how I'd
        > do this for example is have 2 systems.
        > A winter start up configuration and a summer one.
        > With startup key 1, i would have all my winter systems that i listen too in
        > the winter on start up key one.
        > Then when i hit startup 2 all of those would be disabled and the summer
        > config with the summer oriented systems and talk groups would be enabled and
        > the winter one would disappear until winter again.

        You have the concept down. That's exactly one way it could be used.

        > But for this I'd need to upload 2 sets of the same systems right, can I do
        > that or will it mess up the scanner?

        You can do it with two uploads AS LONG AS you don't erase the scanner
        contents when you upload the second set. You can also upload both at the
        same time.

        > Reason I'd need to do that is that set one would contain all of my winter
        > systems and some of them will be duplicates, such as police and fire and
        > such. But then it would also add in the school buses, and plow trucks and
        > stuff. With system two i wanted to be able to upload that one under start up
        > 2 and that one would have still the groups for the state police things like
        > that as system one would have, but would turn on the parks, and recreations,
        > and sky warn repeaters and stuff like that.
        > How would i do this so it would work the way I'd want it to do so? Or can't
        > I do this at all?
        > Jerry Mader

        What you want to do is possible and would work very well. Just make sure
        your winter systems are assigned Start-Up Key 1 and your summer systems
        are assigned Start-Up Key 2. You can upload them both at the same time.

        Using them is simple. When you want to unlock your summer systems, hit 2
        when the scanner is powering up. When you want to unlock your winter
        systems, hit 1 when the scanner is powering up.

        Any system not assigned a Start-Up Key will not be affected by the
        reconfiguration, so you could have a THIRD system with your common
        channels and assign that no Start-Up Key, and remove them from both of
        the other systems.

        Basically, the Start-Up keys are mass-lockout/unlock commands. Only the
        systems assigned to the Start-Up key pressed will be unlocked, while ALL
        OTHER systems assigned different Start-Up Keys will be locked out.

        Funny how much easier it is to explain in the morning as opposed to 1 AM
        at night. ;->

        I'm assuming you have a large number of Systems that you want changed by
        the Summer/Winter configuration. If not, it might be easier to use a
        System Quick Key to enable or disable them. That way, you could easily
        enable both of them if you like.

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 4 9:30 AM
          I have SQK 0 set for "Close Call"

          Once I have tagged a few transmissions, I hit that key and scan them.

          Very useful...

          -Lance

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 4 10:48 AM
            That's fine, but the point is that some models reserve SQK 0 for special
            functions, so in those models SQK 0 would not do the same thing it does
            in yours.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 4 10:57 AM
              You mean like the BR-330T with the Nascar Logo. Cool radio with it's coverage, horrible display...

              Off topic, but "That's Fine"

              Cheers Joe,

              -Lance

            • Jerry Mader
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 4 11:46 PM
                Hey I have free scan and i kind of need help.
                I have to go in and label the combo boxes as they don't speak well with my
                screen reading device.
                I need them to say what I'm changing in them like for example, when i go to
                system quick key i need to know that that's the box I'm changing not the
                dropdown for the delay.
                Could someone help me off list with this?
                MY email is Management@...
                I'd greatly appreciate it.
                I just need to verbally talk to someone on skype or on the phone while in
                upload and download so i can understand what I'm looking at so to speak as a
                quick fix.
                The long way around it is, that, I'm trying to build some scripts for jaws
                for windows a screen reading software for this software too.
                A great friend of mine could do this but I don't know how to contact the
                developer to have him help my buddy write the software to work with the
                scripts for me to make this easier to use.
                Yes blind friendly mode is nice, but the program has to be relabeled and
                stuff for the combo boxes and check boxes, radio buttons, edit fields ETC.
                which my friend could help with too at no charge. He's a great programmer
                and does wonderfully on jaws for windows scripting for the blind.
                Thanks
                Jerry Mader

                _____

                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 6 11:03 AM
                  I have a few questions.
                  And i really need help here. I don't mean to go off topic and I'm sorry if I
                  am.
                  But I'm trying to work on this with absolutely no sighted help, so the more
                  help I can get the better.

                  IN the site dialog on free scan, when you're modifying a site, under the
                  quick key tab is where i am.
                  And well i have the quick key labeled right that's right after the place
                  that you'd put the name of the site you're setting up. SO i have that box
                  set to read "quick key" when i land on it.

                  See, I'm using my tab key, i can't use a mouse at all because Jaws For
                  Windows won't read mouse usage, it only uses the keyboard.
                  Then there is the locked out box to check if you wanna kill the whole site.

                  Then after that box, there's the Modulation box, that has like fm, auto and
                  narrow fm things like that. Then, there's another box, labeled that box, and
                  that's right after the modulation box.
                  Then there's a 20 db attenuation check box, now I'm up to another control
                  box i don't know what it does.
                  It's right after the box which i labeled that is for the type of trunking
                  system you want to set the site for. It's, a box that has the options, 0 to
                  255 what am i setting in that control drop down?
                  Now after that I've got a box, and in it it has a 0 to 9 dropdown and right
                  now it's got a . in it. What is that box for?Then after that box, there's a
                  few buttons that are unlabeled and then there's the find free button. Then
                  right after that is the box that's for the site time hold time, and after
                  that box i see the place to set the hold time if i were to set that
                  pervious box to manual.
                  Then i see the P25 digital wait time box. After that is the state box. and
                  it's set to off. then i go back to the system's tree view.
                  SO what are those controls that I don't have marked yet? Would someone
                  kindly let me know? just press your tab key and move around the screen using
                  the Tab key,, I'm using the tab and shift tab mainly to get around.
                  So if you'd greatly thread this and tell me what I'm looking at I'd
                  appreciate it so much, because then i could use this with out a problem and
                  be able to do as you who are sighted can do.
                  Thanks for all of your kind help it's very much appreciated.
                  Jerry Mader

                  Then after that i see this other box, and it goes from 0 to 9.
                  Thanks

                  _____

> [...]

                  systems, hit 1 when the scanner is powering up.

                  Any system not assigned a Start-Up Key will not be affected by the
                  reconfiguration, so you could have a THIRD system with your common
                  channels and assign that no Start-Up Key, and remove them from both of
                  the other systems.

                  Basically, the Start-Up keys are mass-lockout/unlock commands. Only the
                  systems assigned to the Start-Up key pressed will be unlocked, while ALL
                  OTHER systems assigned different Start-Up Keys will be locked out.

                  Funny how much easier it is to explain in the morning as opposed to 1 AM
                  at night. ;->

                  I'm assuming you have a large number of Systems that you want changed by
                  the Summer/Winter configuration. If not, it might be easier to use a
                  System Quick Key to enable or disable them. That way, you could easily

                • David Johnson
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 6 2:24 PM
                    On my Free Scan, under the P25 site, the tab order is:
                    Site Name
                    Quick Key
                    Locked Out check box
                    Modulation
                    20dB Attenuation
                    Site Type (P25 Standard is default for a digital system)
                    The Next one is Hold Time 0-255
                    Then, you have the Startup Key (with the . in it)
                    The next three boxes are justification (Right, Centre, Left) for the site
                    label.
                    Then Find Free (which finds the next unused Quick key)
                    Then APCO Mode
                    Then Threshold
                    Then P25 Wait Time
                    Then State (USA)

                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 6 3:36 PM
                      There is a Freescan Yahoo Group.

                      You might have a wider audience of users their to help you...

                    • Jerry Mader
                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 8 12:01 AM
                        _____

                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 8 12:03 AM
                          there was a bit of a mistake message just sent out by me sorry about that. I
                          didn't realize it replied to the list lol.
                          It didn't have anything in the body, sorry about that.

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 8 10:02 PM
                            Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                            I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                            I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                            Jerry Mader

                            _____

                            If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                            SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.

                            UpMan
                            UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                            emailing me directly

                            >________________________________

                          • Shawn Kurschner
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 9 5:59 AM
                              I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                              http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/

                              *Shawn Kurschner*

                              ***(MCP, CSS, HDA, MCDST, MCTS)*

                              *Manitowoc, WI USA
                              *

                            • Mel
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 9 6:34 AM
                                Go here http://scannow.org/forum/ it is not a Yahoo group he has his
                                own web site

                                Mel

                                --
                                http://shiptraffic.ca/
                              • Rob Jones
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 9 6:45 AM
                                  Try the developer's user forum at http://scannow.org/forum/ or email the developer directly at info@....

                                  Rob

                                  --
                                  [ Sent from my iPhone ]

                                  On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...> wrote:

                                  > I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                                  > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/
                                  >
                                  > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...>wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > **
                                  > >

                                  > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                                  > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                                  > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                                  > > Jerry Mader
                                  > >
                                  > > _____

                                • Jerry Mader
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 11 4:50 AM
                                    How does the bcd396xt handle status bits?
                                    Also how can i get the ICall feature to work on my bcd396xt in an EDACS
                                    system. Is there some kind of talk group ID i need to program into it?
                                    And how do I do that?
                                    Thank you.
                                    Jerry Mader

                                    _____

                                    On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...

                                    <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com> >wrote:

                                    > > **
                                    > >

                                    > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                                    > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                                    > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                                    > > Jerry Mader
                                    > >
                                    > > _____
                                    > >
                                    > > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                    Behalf
                                    > > Of Uniden UPMan
                                    > > Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 2:20 PM
                                    > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                    > > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups
                                    > >
                                    > > If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                                    > > SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.
                                    > >
                                    > > UpMan
                                    > > UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                                    > > emailing me directly
                                    > >
                                    > > >________________________________
                                    > > > From: Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...
                                    <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com>

                                  • Ronski45
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 11 9:06 AM
                                      I have already set all the ICALLS for your radio.

                                      Personally Ive never heard any icalls on consumers energy, I'm sure some
                                      have though.
                                      Ive only heard them on Saginaw and some on the MPSCS. Be advised they
                                      are a rare thing.
                                      How do you set them ? Manually - make a new talkgroup, then hit the .
                                      button twice and then the 0

                                      In freescan add this is a talkgroup -> i0

                                      Again I did that already for you.

                                      Status bits - From my knowledge they are only for type II Motorola
                                      systems. MPSCS / Saginaw is not

                                      Either in a search here or at radioreference.com im sure many answers to
                                      your questions already are available. You dont need to make an account
                                      on radioreference unless you post.

                                      Also more freescan support here -
                                      http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/

                                      Also more 396xt support here -