Re: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups

    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3, 2012
      Threaded...

      Jerry Mader wrote:
      > What do you mean by that?
      > I'm using the Bcd396xt.
      > But i don't understand what you mean by it's used for racecar functions.
      > sorry.

      No problem. SQK 0 is used in some models (such as the BR330t) for race
      car functions. As such, it is not available and there could be some
      compatibility issues if you or someone else tried to use your file in
      such a scanner.

      > But anyway yeah that's what i did wanna know.
      > Also Joe if you or anyone else could tell me, if I uploaded say a file with
      > a bunch of systems and set that to start up key 1. and then loaded a
      > different configuration and set it to start up key 2. would this let me kill
      > one configuration which would have the channels in the default, of 1. And
      > load the new start up two config or is this totally something different
      > altogether.

      Well, you would need to load them both at the same time unless you are
      not erasing the contents on the second write.

      Using the different Start-Up keys allows you to duplicate the SQKs
      without slaving them together. Without the Start-Up key difference,
      enabling one would enable them all. With the Start-Up key, all the ones
      assigned to a different Start-Up key would be locked out and not enabled
      when you enable that SQK.

      Clear as mud? It's not that easy to explain (especially at 1 AM).

      Joe M.
    • Jerry Mader
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2012
        Sorry for not understanding this all the way, I can't comprehend too well.
        I apologize, but what I'm trying to do and maybe you could tell me how I'd
        do this for example is have 2 systems.
        A winter start up configuration and a summer one.
        With startup key 1, i would have all my winter systems that i listen too in
        the winter on start up key one.
        Then when i hit startup 2 all of those would be disabled and the summer
        config with the summer oriented systems and talk groups would be enabled and
        the winter one would disappear until winter again.
        But for this I'd need to upload 2 sets of the same systems right, can I do
        that or will it mess up the scanner?
        Reason I'd need to do that is that set one would contain all of my winter
        systems and some of them will be duplicates, such as police and fire and
        such. But then it would also add in the school buses, and plow trucks and
        stuff. With system two i wanted to be able to upload that one under start up
        2 and that one would have still the groups for the state police things like
        that as system one would have, but would turn on the parks, and recreations,
        and sky warn repeaters and stuff like that.
        How would i do this so it would work the way I'd want it to do so? Or can't
        I do this at all?
        Jerry Mader

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
          Threaded...

          Jerry Mader wrote:
          > Sorry for not understanding this all the way, I can't comprehend too well.

          I could have explained it better, too.

          > I apologize, but what I'm trying to do and maybe you could tell me how I'd
          > do this for example is have 2 systems.
          > A winter start up configuration and a summer one.
          > With startup key 1, i would have all my winter systems that i listen too in
          > the winter on start up key one.
          > Then when i hit startup 2 all of those would be disabled and the summer
          > config with the summer oriented systems and talk groups would be enabled and
          > the winter one would disappear until winter again.

          You have the concept down. That's exactly one way it could be used.

          > But for this I'd need to upload 2 sets of the same systems right, can I do
          > that or will it mess up the scanner?

          You can do it with two uploads AS LONG AS you don't erase the scanner
          contents when you upload the second set. You can also upload both at the
          same time.

          > Reason I'd need to do that is that set one would contain all of my winter
          > systems and some of them will be duplicates, such as police and fire and
          > such. But then it would also add in the school buses, and plow trucks and
          > stuff. With system two i wanted to be able to upload that one under start up
          > 2 and that one would have still the groups for the state police things like
          > that as system one would have, but would turn on the parks, and recreations,
          > and sky warn repeaters and stuff like that.
          > How would i do this so it would work the way I'd want it to do so? Or can't
          > I do this at all?
          > Jerry Mader

          What you want to do is possible and would work very well. Just make sure
          your winter systems are assigned Start-Up Key 1 and your summer systems
          are assigned Start-Up Key 2. You can upload them both at the same time.

          Using them is simple. When you want to unlock your summer systems, hit 2
          when the scanner is powering up. When you want to unlock your winter
          systems, hit 1 when the scanner is powering up.

          Any system not assigned a Start-Up Key will not be affected by the
          reconfiguration, so you could have a THIRD system with your common
          channels and assign that no Start-Up Key, and remove them from both of
          the other systems.

          Basically, the Start-Up keys are mass-lockout/unlock commands. Only the
          systems assigned to the Start-Up key pressed will be unlocked, while ALL
          OTHER systems assigned different Start-Up Keys will be locked out.

          Funny how much easier it is to explain in the morning as opposed to 1 AM
          at night. ;->

          I'm assuming you have a large number of Systems that you want changed by
          the Summer/Winter configuration. If not, it might be easier to use a
          System Quick Key to enable or disable them. That way, you could easily
          enable both of them if you like.

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
            I have SQK 0 set for "Close Call"

            Once I have tagged a few transmissions, I hit that key and scan them.

            Very useful...

            -Lance

            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
              That's fine, but the point is that some models reserve SQK 0 for special
              functions, so in those models SQK 0 would not do the same thing it does
              in yours.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
                You mean like the BR-330T with the Nascar Logo. Cool radio with it's coverage, horrible display...

                Off topic, but "That's Fine"

                Cheers Joe,

                -Lance

              • Jerry Mader
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 4, 2012
                  Hey I have free scan and i kind of need help.
                  I have to go in and label the combo boxes as they don't speak well with my
                  screen reading device.
                  I need them to say what I'm changing in them like for example, when i go to
                  system quick key i need to know that that's the box I'm changing not the
                  dropdown for the delay.
                  Could someone help me off list with this?
                  MY email is Management@...
                  I'd greatly appreciate it.
                  I just need to verbally talk to someone on skype or on the phone while in
                  upload and download so i can understand what I'm looking at so to speak as a
                  quick fix.
                  The long way around it is, that, I'm trying to build some scripts for jaws
                  for windows a screen reading software for this software too.
                  A great friend of mine could do this but I don't know how to contact the
                  developer to have him help my buddy write the software to work with the
                  scripts for me to make this easier to use.
                  Yes blind friendly mode is nice, but the program has to be relabeled and
                  stuff for the combo boxes and check boxes, radio buttons, edit fields ETC.
                  which my friend could help with too at no charge. He's a great programmer
                  and does wonderfully on jaws for windows scripting for the blind.
                  Thanks
                  Jerry Mader

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                    I have a few questions.
                    And i really need help here. I don't mean to go off topic and I'm sorry if I
                    am.
                    But I'm trying to work on this with absolutely no sighted help, so the more
                    help I can get the better.

                    IN the site dialog on free scan, when you're modifying a site, under the
                    quick key tab is where i am.
                    And well i have the quick key labeled right that's right after the place
                    that you'd put the name of the site you're setting up. SO i have that box
                    set to read "quick key" when i land on it.

                    See, I'm using my tab key, i can't use a mouse at all because Jaws For
                    Windows won't read mouse usage, it only uses the keyboard.
                    Then there is the locked out box to check if you wanna kill the whole site.

                    Then after that box, there's the Modulation box, that has like fm, auto and
                    narrow fm things like that. Then, there's another box, labeled that box, and
                    that's right after the modulation box.
                    Then there's a 20 db attenuation check box, now I'm up to another control
                    box i don't know what it does.
                    It's right after the box which i labeled that is for the type of trunking
                    system you want to set the site for. It's, a box that has the options, 0 to
                    255 what am i setting in that control drop down?
                    Now after that I've got a box, and in it it has a 0 to 9 dropdown and right
                    now it's got a . in it. What is that box for?Then after that box, there's a
                    few buttons that are unlabeled and then there's the find free button. Then
                    right after that is the box that's for the site time hold time, and after
                    that box i see the place to set the hold time if i were to set that
                    pervious box to manual.
                    Then i see the P25 digital wait time box. After that is the state box. and
                    it's set to off. then i go back to the system's tree view.
                    SO what are those controls that I don't have marked yet? Would someone
                    kindly let me know? just press your tab key and move around the screen using
                    the Tab key,, I'm using the tab and shift tab mainly to get around.
                    So if you'd greatly thread this and tell me what I'm looking at I'd
                    appreciate it so much, because then i could use this with out a problem and
                    be able to do as you who are sighted can do.
                    Thanks for all of your kind help it's very much appreciated.
                    Jerry Mader

                    Then after that i see this other box, and it goes from 0 to 9.
                    Thanks

                    _____

> [...]

                    systems, hit 1 when the scanner is powering up.

                    Any system not assigned a Start-Up Key will not be affected by the
                    reconfiguration, so you could have a THIRD system with your common
                    channels and assign that no Start-Up Key, and remove them from both of
                    the other systems.

                    Basically, the Start-Up keys are mass-lockout/unlock commands. Only the
                    systems assigned to the Start-Up key pressed will be unlocked, while ALL
                    OTHER systems assigned different Start-Up Keys will be locked out.

                    Funny how much easier it is to explain in the morning as opposed to 1 AM
                    at night. ;->

                    I'm assuming you have a large number of Systems that you want changed by
                    the Summer/Winter configuration. If not, it might be easier to use a
                    System Quick Key to enable or disable them. That way, you could easily

                  • David Johnson
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                      On my Free Scan, under the P25 site, the tab order is:
                      Site Name
                      Quick Key
                      Locked Out check box
                      Modulation
                      20dB Attenuation
                      Site Type (P25 Standard is default for a digital system)
                      The Next one is Hold Time 0-255
                      Then, you have the Startup Key (with the . in it)
                      The next three boxes are justification (Right, Centre, Left) for the site
                      label.
                      Then Find Free (which finds the next unused Quick key)
                      Then APCO Mode
                      Then Threshold
                      Then P25 Wait Time
                      Then State (USA)

                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                        There is a Freescan Yahoo Group.

                        You might have a wider audience of users their to help you...

                      • Jerry Mader
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                          _____

                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                            there was a bit of a mistake message just sent out by me sorry about that. I
                            didn't realize it replied to the list lol.
                            It didn't have anything in the body, sorry about that.

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                              Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                              I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                              I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                              Jerry Mader

                              _____

                              If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                              SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.

                              UpMan
                              UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                              emailing me directly

                              >________________________________

                            • Shawn Kurschner
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                                http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/

                                *Shawn Kurschner*

                                ***(MCP, CSS, HDA, MCDST, MCTS)*

                                *Manitowoc, WI USA
                                *

                              • Mel
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                  Go here http://scannow.org/forum/ it is not a Yahoo group he has his
                                  own web site

                                  Mel

                                  --
                                  http://shiptraffic.ca/
                                • Rob Jones
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 9, 2012
                                    Try the developer's user forum at http://scannow.org/forum/ or email the developer directly at info@....

                                    Rob

                                    --
                                    [ Sent from my iPhone ]

                                    On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...> wrote:

                                    > I wasn't able to find one, just the ARC group, found here
                                    > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/arc396/
                                    >
                                    > On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...>wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > **
                                    > >

                                    > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                                    > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                                    > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                                    > > Jerry Mader
                                    > >
                                    > > _____

                                  • Jerry Mader
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                      How does the bcd396xt handle status bits?
                                      Also how can i get the ICall feature to work on my bcd396xt in an EDACS
                                      system. Is there some kind of talk group ID i need to program into it?
                                      And how do I do that?
                                      Thank you.
                                      Jerry Mader

                                      _____

                                      On 2012-02-09, at 8:59 AM, Shawn Kurschner <skurschner1672@...

                                      <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com> >wrote:

                                      > > **
                                      > >

                                      > > Does anyone have the free scan subscribe address for yahoo groups?
                                      > > I wanna make sure I've subscribed properly.
                                      > > I'm not getting any response on the list when writing.
                                      > > Jerry Mader
                                      > >
                                      > > _____
                                      > >
                                      > > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      Behalf
                                      > > Of Uniden UPMan
                                      > > Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 2:20 PM
                                      > > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      > > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Quick keys for system/groups
                                      > >
                                      > > If you are HOLDING, then it will do the search key function. If you are
                                      > > SCANNING it will turn the channel group on/off.
                                      > >
                                      > > UpMan
                                      > > UpMan FAQ: http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/UpMan -- Please read before
                                      > > emailing me directly
                                      > >
                                      > > >________________________________
                                      > > > From: Jerry Mader <maderradionetwork@...
                                      <mailto:maderradionetwork%40gmail.com>

                                    • Ronski45
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 11, 2012
                                        I have already set all the ICALLS for your radio.

                                        Personally Ive never heard any icalls on consumers energy, I'm sure some
                                        have though.
                                        Ive only heard them on Saginaw and some on the MPSCS. Be advised they
                                        are a rare thing.
                                        How do you set them ? Manually - make a new talkgroup, then hit the .
                                        button twice and then the 0

                                        In freescan add this is a talkgroup -> i0

                                        Again I did that already for you.

                                        Status bits - From my knowledge they are only for type II Motorola
                                        systems. MPSCS / Saginaw is not

                                        Either in a search here or at radioreference.com im sure many answers to
                                        your questions already are available. You dont need to make an account
                                        on radioreference unless you post.

                                        Also more freescan support here -
                                        http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/

                                        Also more 396xt support here -