Re: [BCD396XT] Re: UID's & I-calls

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
      Thank you!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "dataman60435" <dataman60435@...>
      Sender: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 20:06:54
      To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: UID's & I-calls

      NO, ICALLS come up automatically if the system your hearing uses that feature....

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmh37167@...> wrote:

      > Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jeff

    • Sin Doss
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
        Does anyone know of a mod. that will unblock the enc. discriminator
        on the 396xt

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
          Not sure what this has to do with UIDs and I-Calls, and not really sure
          what you are asking, but...

          The discriminator is not blocked. By its nature it is providing
          audio that the scanner is receiving without any filters at all.

          If you're asking how to unblock encryption, you cannot. The scanner
          cannot decode encrypted audio. No scanner can, in fact. (by law)

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
            Sure you want to listen to that noise all day?

            My friend has the Pro-106, and frankly, it's really annoying...

            For me, I'm glad this radio mutes encrypted traffic...

            I would imagine that is coded in firmware that drives the radio so to speak, so
            probably not within our reach to modify...

            -Lance