Re: UID's & I-calls

  • dataman60435
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3 12:06 PM
      NO, ICALLS come up automatically if the system your hearing uses that feature....

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmh37167@...> wrote:

      > Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jeff

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3 12:26 PM
        Thank you!

        NO, ICALLS come up automatically if the system your hearing uses that feature....

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmh37167@...> wrote:

        > Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jeff

      • Sin Doss
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3 3:02 PM
          Does anyone know of a mod. that will unblock the enc. discriminator
          on the 396xt

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 3:08 PM
            Not sure what this has to do with UIDs and I-Calls, and not really sure
            what you are asking, but...

            The discriminator is not blocked. By its nature it is providing
            audio that the scanner is receiving without any filters at all.

            If you're asking how to unblock encryption, you cannot. The scanner
            cannot decode encrypted audio. No scanner can, in fact. (by law)

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4 9:26 AM
              Sure you want to listen to that noise all day?

              My friend has the Pro-106, and frankly, it's really annoying...

              For me, I'm glad this radio mutes encrypted traffic...

              I would imagine that is coded in firmware that drives the radio so to speak, so
              probably not within our reach to modify...

              -Lance