UID's & I-calls

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
      Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?

      Thanks,
      Jeff
    • dataman60435
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
        NO, ICALLS come up automatically if the system your hearing uses that feature....

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmh37167@...> wrote:

        > Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jeff

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
          Thank you!

          NO, ICALLS come up automatically if the system your hearing uses that feature....

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jmh37167@...> wrote:

          > Does UID feature need to be enabled to capture I-calls or "private calls" on Motorola type II analog systems, when in ID search mode or when i0 wildcard has been entered?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jeff

        • Sin Doss
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
            Does anyone know of a mod. that will unblock the enc. discriminator
            on the 396xt

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
              Not sure what this has to do with UIDs and I-Calls, and not really sure
              what you are asking, but...

              The discriminator is not blocked. By its nature it is providing
              audio that the scanner is receiving without any filters at all.

              If you're asking how to unblock encryption, you cannot. The scanner
              cannot decode encrypted audio. No scanner can, in fact. (by law)

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
                Sure you want to listen to that noise all day?

                My friend has the Pro-106, and frankly, it's really annoying...

                For me, I'm glad this radio mutes encrypted traffic...

                I would imagine that is coded in firmware that drives the radio so to speak, so
                probably not within our reach to modify...

                -Lance