New Member, soon-to-be owner

  • kursch1672
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2012
      Hello group,

      I plan on buying this radio in the next 2-3 weeks. I will also be needing some software. I haven't used Uniden scanners since my BC780. I loved the Butel software, but I'm sure things have changed. I'd appreciate any advice, input or suggestions. Thanks! :)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
        They all have trial periods so you can try them and see which you like.

        There is a list of supported SW on the RR XT WIKI.

        Joe M.

        kursch1672 wrote:
        > Hello group,
        >
        > I plan on buying this radio in the next 2-3 weeks. I will also be needing some software. I haven't used Uniden scanners since my BC780. I loved the Butel software, but I'm sure things have changed. I'd appreciate any advice, input or suggestions. Thanks! :)

      • Michael Sigler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
          I just bought a BC396XT. So far I like BUTEL the best, it seems to work
          well. The quick keys and groups didn't play nice in FREE SCAN. But im
          using the trials still on all of them. They are really user friendly
          and you can download full systems from Radio Reference through the
          software directly, it saves on the fingers for programming. You just
          need to have a premium account.

          Mike -KC9NSA

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
            Check out FreeSCAN

            Very easy to use. http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/products/freescan

            On Jan 19, 2012, at 9:21 PM, kursch1672 wrote:

            > Hello group,
            >
            > I plan on buying this radio in the next 2-3 weeks. I will also be needing some software. I haven't used Uniden scanners since my BC780. I loved the Butel software, but I'm sure things have changed. I'd appreciate any advice, input or suggestions. Thanks! :)
            >

            > TODAY(Beta) � Powered by Yahoo!
            > What makes a woman feel attractive?
            > The scale shouldn't sway your self-confidence, say two celeb buddies.
            > Privacy Policy

          • Brian
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
              The other wiki page... not the XT wiki anymore...
              <http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT>

              It's now on this DMA Software Support wiki page.

              Uniden DMA Software Support
              <http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_Software_Support>