Re: [BCD396XT] Should have bought the "Stupid Person" Insurance

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2012
      Check the Group Quick Keys for that system. That would be the bottom set
      of numbers. If any have a * in place of the digit, hit FUNC then that
      number to re-enable it.

      Joe M.

      M E wrote:
      > Hello all
      > My wife bought this for me for Christmas. It came fully programmed and ready to go. Of course I (Stupid Person) had to play with everything and now it seems that I can no longer pick up the Police channels in my town (Bayonne NJ) and the next town over (Jersey City NJ) The Fire Departments are coming in loud and clear but I can't get the Police. Any help would be appreciated before I have to pack it up and send it back for them to reset it. Thanks in advance.

    • Doug Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2012
        Gidday Bob,

        Good to see there is still the good spirit out there to help others for free. Thats what a hobby is all about....share the knowledge.

        Just as a note for everyone, these scanners are very complicated for even seasoned scanner enthusiasts when they first get them.

        The best thing I did was download the program "freescan". If your scanner is working perfect, you can download the profile and save it.
        If you stuff it up while playing around with it you can restore it back.
        This program really saves a lot of time when programing freqs and names as you can use the computer keyboard and not the limited buttons
        and dials on the scanner.

        Regards,

        Doug VK2XLJ

        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
        From: RobertKlamp@...
        Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:04:17 -0600
        Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Should have bought the "Stupid Person" Insurance

        Contact me off the list directly, I'm in Illinois but I am very familiar

        with the XT line of scanners and own many. If you want also include a number

        and time to give you a call as trouble shooting things like this over the

        phone is just easier. I have helped many people and am confident I can help

        you too. I don't charge anything for my help just knowing I am helping a

        fellow hobbyist is its own reward. Any way hope to hear from you.

        Have a good night,

        Bob

      • M E
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
          JOE - - DUDE!!! - THAT WAS IT!!!! - I can't Believe it!!!
          Thanks a bunch!!! -
          Jack