System/Group numbering order on screen

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2012
      Just a silly question, but why are the system and group numbers on the main screen ordered 1-9,0 instead of 0-9? The scanner uses system numbers 0-99 (there is no system #100) so I would have thought the system number line would start at 0 and end on 9 to match the zero-based numbering.

      Like I said, silly question but I ended up thinking about it when I programmed a bunch of system groupings just recently, starting them all at x0 (20, 30, 40, etc.) and on the screen I see the asterisks for 1-4 or so then the blank spaces and the asterisk all the way on the right for what should technically be the "first" system in the group.
    • Jeffry Rehm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2012
        Just a quick reply. I also thought it was odd. Especially when you are trying to pick out a syatem and right after 19 you have to look for 10, not 20. Odd for sure.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2012
          There IS a reason for it, but I can't remember what it was! :-\

          Maybe it was because keyboards start with the 1 and not the 0. That
          doesn't spark a memory, so that likely was not the reason, but I do
          remember that Paul Opitz mentioned it back in the early BC396T days.

          Joe M.