Location Based Scanning

  • Fred Halley
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 13, 2012
      I'm having some trouble getting the location based scanning feature to work correctly.

      I have an external GPS attached to the scanner and powered up. After a couple of seconds the scanner beeps and displays "GPS" in the upper right of the display. If I set a PIO to a specific lat/lon it does work correctly. Also, if I change the display to the lat/lon it shows the correct coordinates.

      The issue is that even if I select a group and set the location and distance that group does not start scanning even though I drive in and out of the designated area.

      Has anyone had the location based scanning feature to work on the 396 or the 996?

      Thanks
      Fred, W2EMS

      ------------------Confidentiality Notice----------------------------

      This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
      of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
      proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
      applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
      distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
      agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
      or if you have received this communication in error,please notify the
      Healthcare Association of NYS by return e-mail or by calling
      518-431-7600 and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • rons
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 19, 2012
        Just to see if you did get my two emails I sent to your gmail account that included the newer files for your radio? I didnt hear back from you is all.

        If you did get them both use the second one as it is more up to date.