Re: Uniden 396XT and discone

  • enriqueeeeee2001
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 28, 2011
      Hello and thanks everybody for your answers,

      I have again checked the cable, is not shorted it works as it should.

      The double discone it is only an antenna. I send you a link in order you can see it physically:

      http://www.t2wholesale.co.uk/CB_and_Scanners_Scanning_Antennas/Double_Discone_Antenna/

      From the roof to my shack there are 65 feet and I said before the cable is one of the best with very low loss. I have tested it with my
      HF receiver and works quite good.

      Maybe the solution it is to put a preamplifier in the base of the antenna.

      Thank you very much for your valuable help !