Re: WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) - Digital scanner only?

  • thesparkens
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 23, 2011
      Danny, when you go to the WV Statewide system in the RR Database and you are on the systems talk group page the top header shows in this order DEC,HEX, MODE , Alpha Tags,Description in blue. If you click on the header named "MODE" it will give you a pop up list of that abbreviation and all others the letter "D" stands for digital

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, danny r <dannypa_27@...> wrote:

      > I'm a BCD396XT owner.  I pick up the WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) with no problem.  I advised someone to get the BCD346XT, and tried to put (SIRN) into it, thinking it was trunked but not digital.
      >
      > However, seems it is digital, as I can't load it in.  On RR it didn't mention it being digital (just trunked) and when my scanner scans it, I never noticed it given me any indication it was decoding a digital signal.
      >
      > Below is 2 links, to (SIRN).  One being there homepage and the other radio reference homepage on SIRN.
      >
      > http://www.sirn.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx
      > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4076
      >
      > My question is 2 parts:
      > 1. Is it for sure that (SIRN) can only be picked up by a digital scanner (trunking is NOT good enough)?
      > 2. How would I have knew that, either by the RR database webpage and/or my scanner (BCD396XT).
      >
      > Any help is greatly appreciated.
      >
      > --danny

    • Jess
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2012
        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, danny r <dannypa_27@...> wrote:

        > I'm a BCD396XT owner.  I pick up the WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN) with no problem.  I advised someone to get the BCD346XT, and tried to put (SIRN) into it, thinking it was trunked but not digital.
        >
        > However, seems it is digital, as I can't load it in.  On RR it didn't mention it being digital (just trunked) and when my scanner scans it, I never noticed it given me any indication it was decoding a digital signal.
        >
        > Below is 2 links, to (SIRN).  One being there homepage and the other radio reference homepage on SIRN.
        >
        > http://www.sirn.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx
        > http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4076
        >
        > My question is 2 parts:
        > 1. Is it for sure that (SIRN) can only be picked up by a digital scanner (trunking is NOT good enough)?
        > 2. How would I have knew that, either by the RR database webpage and/or my scanner (BCD396XT).
        >
        > Any help is greatly appreciated.
        >
        > --danny

        The WV Statewide Interoperability Radio Network
        (SIRN) is indeed a Digital Trunking System.

        Jess (Bubba1661) RadioReference WV DB Admin
      • Don Curtis
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2012
          It is an APCO P25 system which is digital. And yes, the Radio Reference link you posted also says it's digital.