RE: [BCD396XT] Pro-106 vs 396XT

  • Robert Klamp
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 25, 2009
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Brian <chicagostretch2002@...>
      Sent: March 25, 2009 3:23 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Pro-106 vs 396XT

      I have been reading the first impressions at radio reference and it looks very promising. Audio GREAT according to one person whose opinion I always respect...DaveIN. Also, better digi decode apparently. There are 8 of us here in the Chicago and south suburb areas holding out on 2 things...audio improvement and P25 decode on 700Mhz trunked multi-path simulcast sites. We have a few here in and near Chicago and that has been one HUGE plus in the GRE500 Pro106 corner. But, if the 396XT can deliver on that front, Uniden can expect a lot of Chicago area purchases.

      I am also impressed with UPMans resiliency and doing what he can on his end for the hobbyist. He deserves a lot of recognition for what he has done and continues to do. Thanks Paul!!!!!!