sound cuts out on A/C power

  • Frank Leidy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2011
      Group,

      My radio recently started doing something weird. I noticed yesterday the
      following yesterday:

      - Audio cuts out
      - key beeps sometimes don't happen
      - rapid ticking noise when no active transmission

      I thought it was a problem with the mike jack, but it happens on speaker as
      well. This morning I realized the problem went away when I unplugged the
      radio.

      My current thought is this is a problem with the A/C Adapter. Does anyone
      have any thoughts on this? I'm going to try the power supply from my 396T
      tonight.

      Any help or advise would be appreciatd.

      Thanks,
      Frank