Re: No voice after a couple of weeks

  • dataman60435
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
      I think thats one of the "bugs" that the most recent "firmware" upgrade you will find on the Uniden Firmare Update list fixes where the scanner stops receiving a P25 system....You need to go to maybe www.marksscanners.com and see if he has that update or the files on here.....

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
        Here's what the last firmware change addresses. Read the last line...

        What is Changed by This Update?
        This update makes the following changes to your BCD396XT scanner:
        Add support for storing Unit IDs in channels with alpha tags.
        Fixed a problem where corrupted memory caused by a bad PC programming upload would make the scanner lock up on the copyright screen.
        Fixed a bug that caused a bad hit count with some PC software.
        Save Hold status immediately instead of at power-down.
        Add ATT indication in Close Call Only mode
        Fixed a bug that could cause APCO P25 decoding to stop in some conditions.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
          You should always get updates only from the Uniden website. That
          way you are ensuring that you are getting the latest update.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
            All the Firmware update information is in the "Firmware" folder in the
            files section of this group.

            Clark