No voice after a couple of weeks

  • boeing52au
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
      Hi after about 2-3 weeks of 24/7 operation my 396xt stops producing voice from a P25 site. The display shows it still ID searching/scanning and the signal strength bar graph is active. When I press hold, the 'engine' noise is there, so it looks like the RF side is working.

      A power off/on by button makes no difference. Only if I pull out the power cord and the batteries (a total power down) will it produce voice again.

      Could this be some sort of memory leak issue with time?

      Any advice appreciated thanks..
    • Pat Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
        I noticed my 396XT doing the same thing, as well, just recently

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "boeing52au" <seven87@...> wrote:

        > Hi after about 2-3 weeks of 24/7 operation my 396xt stops producing voice from a P25 site. The display shows it still ID searching/scanning and the signal strength bar graph is active. When I press hold, the 'engine' noise is there, so it looks like the RF side is working.
        >
        > A power off/on by button makes no difference. Only if I pull out the power cord and the batteries (a total power down) will it produce voice again.
        >
        > Could this be some sort of memory leak issue with time?
        >
        > Any advice appreciated thanks..

      • dataman60435
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
          I think thats one of the "bugs" that the most recent "firmware" upgrade you will find on the Uniden Firmare Update list fixes where the scanner stops receiving a P25 system....You need to go to maybe www.marksscanners.com and see if he has that update or the files on here.....

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
            Here's what the last firmware change addresses. Read the last line...

            What is Changed by This Update?
            This update makes the following changes to your BCD396XT scanner:
            Add support for storing Unit IDs in channels with alpha tags.
            Fixed a problem where corrupted memory caused by a bad PC programming upload would make the scanner lock up on the copyright screen.
            Fixed a bug that caused a bad hit count with some PC software.
            Save Hold status immediately instead of at power-down.
            Add ATT indication in Close Call Only mode
            Fixed a bug that could cause APCO P25 decoding to stop in some conditions.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
              You should always get updates only from the Uniden website. That
              way you are ensuring that you are getting the latest update.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
                All the Firmware update information is in the "Firmware" folder in the
                files section of this group.

                Clark