Re: [BCD396XT] Re: RID Alert

  • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
      I'm doing this by hand w/out FreeScan, so I'm sure it still qualifies for
      this group :-)

      However, I read a LOT on RR.com today and found verification...

      This feature is NOT supported with RIDS. TGID could be linked to alerts,
      but these alerts will not work with RIDS. The RIDs/UIDs are only for
      alpha-tagging purposes. Oh well...I guess we can't have it all :-(

      On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

      > Although this belongs up on FreeScan group, here's a screen shot of one
      > of my trunked systems. Notice the ID's on the left. Now look right, there
      > is an option to set an Alert Tone,
      > Level, Color, Pattern...
      >
      > Hope this helps...PS: Never tried on Trunk System...

      > On Nov 2, 2011, at 1:52 PM, MCH wrote:
      >
      > > I'm pretty sure the scanners do not support alerts on RIDs.
      > >
      > > Joe M.
      > >
      > > dataman60435 wrote:
      > > > I have set the "alert tone" by hand per TG in the menu and it works
      > great, i set a "alert tone" for a "UID" that i programmed in a "group" but
      > when the UID shows up on the TG the label shows but the "alert-tone" does
      > not go off.....
      > > >

      > > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "V. Singh, MBA, RPhT" <vishnusinghfl@...>
      > or

    • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are referring to TGIDs not RIDs

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
          Perhaps in next Firmware revision...or radio...