Re: [BCD396XT] Re: RID Alert

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
      I'm pretty sure the scanners do not support alerts on RIDs.

      Joe M.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
        Although this belongs up on FreeScan group, here's a screen shot of one of my trunked systems. Notice the ID's on the left. Now look right, there is an option to set an Alert Tone,
        Level, Color, Pattern...

        Hope this helps...PS: Never tried on Trunk System...

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
          I have set color on ID's on a trunk system, never had a need to create an Alert tone.

          There is another place in FreeScan to do this, again have not tried it...

          This is from your setup window for a trunk system you have created...

          Look at the bottom of this screenshot, Notice the box that says, XT Options, look at the settings from within there...

          On Nov 2, 2011, at 1:52 PM, MCH wrote:

          > I'm pretty sure the scanners do not support alerts on RIDs.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > dataman60435 wrote:
          > > I have set the "alert tone" by hand per TG in the menu and it works great, i set a "alert tone" for a "UID" that i programmed in a "group" but when the UID shows up on the TG the label shows but the "alert-tone" does not go off.....
          > >

          > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "V. Singh, MBA, RPhT" <vishnusinghfl@...> wrote:
          > >> On the BCD396XT, is there a way to have the radio alert me when a
          > >> particular radio ID becomes active? I am using FreeScan if that helps or
          > >> makes a difference.
          > >>
          > >> Thanks,
          > >> Singh, AJ4VS

        • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
            I'm doing this by hand w/out FreeScan, so I'm sure it still qualifies for
            this group :-)

            However, I read a LOT on RR.com today and found verification...

            This feature is NOT supported with RIDS. TGID could be linked to alerts,
            but these alerts will not work with RIDS. The RIDs/UIDs are only for
            alpha-tagging purposes. Oh well...I guess we can't have it all :-(

            On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

            > Although this belongs up on FreeScan group, here's a screen shot of one
            > of my trunked systems. Notice the ID's on the left. Now look right, there
            > is an option to set an Alert Tone,
            > Level, Color, Pattern...
            >
            > Hope this helps...PS: Never tried on Trunk System...

            > On Nov 2, 2011, at 1:52 PM, MCH wrote:
            >
            > > I'm pretty sure the scanners do not support alerts on RIDs.
            > >
            > > Joe M.
            > >
            > > dataman60435 wrote:
            > > > I have set the "alert tone" by hand per TG in the menu and it works
            > great, i set a "alert tone" for a "UID" that i programmed in a "group" but
            > when the UID shows up on the TG the label shows but the "alert-tone" does
            > not go off.....
            > > >

            > > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "V. Singh, MBA, RPhT" <vishnusinghfl@...>
            > or

          • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are referring to TGIDs not RIDs

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
                Perhaps in next Firmware revision...or radio...