Re: [BCD396XT] FREESCAN "locked" file

  • Tim Matthews
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      If Gmail is blocking the upload because of the extension, try changing the
      extension so that it can be sent. Then change it back when received.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
        What exactly was the issue?

        Joe M.

        V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
        > nevermind...it wasn't a freescan issue, it was a win7 issue. thanks again
        > for the suggestions and help
        >

        > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
        >> gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
        >> is not in use/open.

      • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
          I researched the file itself further via the explorer. Turns out the file
          was not actually in the folder I was looking for it, but Win7 "appeared to
          have" placed it there when I accessed it via FreeScan because of the
          similar *.996 file extension.

          As it turns out, the file was ACTUALLY in my wirelessly networked drive in
          my den and I was accessing it through another PC. When I realized that, it
          was a simple matter of copying the file from the networked drive to the
          local machine to allow full access.