Re: [BCD396XT] FREESCAN "locked" file

  • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      good idea, but no, that's not it. I am attaching a screenshot of the
      files. As you can see, one file is without this lock. That's the only file
      that I'm able to uplaod.

      On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Not sure it has anything to do with the file. GMAIL likely does not like
      > the extension. Try zipping the file and attach it to your email, then
      > unzip it once you retrieve it.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
      > > I am trying to upload my Freescan programming to myself via gmail.
      > > However, gmail is not allowing me to attach it. It looks like the "lock"
      > > that is on the file is the problem since the only files I can see are
      > the 2
      > > that don't have this lock icon. How do I get rid of this lock? Please
      > > advise.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Singh, AJ4VS

      > 03:34:00

    • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        also good idea, but no luck with that idea...

        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
        > gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
        > is not in use/open.

      • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          nevermind...it wasn't a freescan issue, it was a win7 issue. thanks again
          for the suggestions and help

          On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
          > gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
          > is not in use/open.

        • Tim Matthews
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
            If Gmail is blocking the upload because of the extension, try changing the
            extension so that it can be sent. Then change it back when received.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
              What exactly was the issue?

              Joe M.

              V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
              > nevermind...it wasn't a freescan issue, it was a win7 issue. thanks again
              > for the suggestions and help
              >

              > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
              >> gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
              >> is not in use/open.

            • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                I researched the file itself further via the explorer. Turns out the file
                was not actually in the folder I was looking for it, but Win7 "appeared to
                have" placed it there when I accessed it via FreeScan because of the
                similar *.996 file extension.

                As it turns out, the file was ACTUALLY in my wirelessly networked drive in
                my den and I was accessing it through another PC. When I realized that, it
                was a simple matter of copying the file from the networked drive to the
                local machine to allow full access.