Re: [BCD396XT] FREESCAN "locked" file

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      Not sure it has anything to do with the file. GMAIL likely does not like
      the extension. Try zipping the file and attach it to your email, then
      unzip it once you retrieve it.

      Joe M.

      V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
      > I am trying to upload my Freescan programming to myself via gmail.
      > However, gmail is not allowing me to attach it. It looks like the "lock"
      > that is on the file is the problem since the only files I can see are the 2
      > that don't have this lock icon. How do I get rid of this lock? Please
      > advise.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Singh, AJ4VS

    • David Klippel
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
        gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
        is not in use/open.
      • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          good idea, but no, that's not it. I am attaching a screenshot of the
          files. As you can see, one file is without this lock. That's the only file
          that I'm able to uplaod.

          On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Not sure it has anything to do with the file. GMAIL likely does not like
          > the extension. Try zipping the file and attach it to your email, then
          > unzip it once you retrieve it.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
          > > I am trying to upload my Freescan programming to myself via gmail.
          > > However, gmail is not allowing me to attach it. It looks like the "lock"
          > > that is on the file is the problem since the only files I can see are
          > the 2
          > > that don't have this lock icon. How do I get rid of this lock? Please
          > > advise.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Singh, AJ4VS

          > 03:34:00

        • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
            also good idea, but no luck with that idea...

            On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
            > gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
            > is not in use/open.

          • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
              nevermind...it wasn't a freescan issue, it was a win7 issue. thanks again
              for the suggestions and help

              On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
              > gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
              > is not in use/open.

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
                Maybe the answer is at this Gmail URL
                http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6590

                Clark

                At 06:53 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:

                >I am trying to upload my Freescan programming to myself via gmail.
                > However, gmail is not allowing me to attach it. It looks like the "lock"
                >that is on the file is the problem since the only files I can see are the 2
                >that don't have this lock icon. How do I get rid of this lock? Please
                >advise.
                >
                >Thanks,
                >Singh, AJ4VS
              • Tim Matthews
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
                  If Gmail is blocking the upload because of the extension, try changing the
                  extension so that it can be sent. Then change it back when received.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
                    Try closing out FreeScan, and then rename the extension of the file to .123

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                      What exactly was the issue?

                      Joe M.

                      V. Singh, MBA, RPhT wrote:
                      > nevermind...it wasn't a freescan issue, it was a win7 issue. thanks again
                      > for the suggestions and help
                      >

                      > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM, David Klippel <david@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> **
                      >>

                      >> Is Freescan still running when you are trying to attach the file to
                      >> gmail? If so try closing Freescan before attaching the file so that it
                      >> is not in use/open.

                    • V. Singh, MBA, RPhT
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                        I researched the file itself further via the explorer. Turns out the file
                        was not actually in the folder I was looking for it, but Win7 "appeared to
                        have" placed it there when I accessed it via FreeScan because of the
                        similar *.996 file extension.

                        As it turns out, the file was ACTUALLY in my wirelessly networked drive in
                        my den and I was accessing it through another PC. When I realized that, it
                        was a simple matter of copying the file from the networked drive to the
                        local machine to allow full access.