How do i scan the service searches and weather?

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2011
      Hey there.
      How can i scan the weather and use the weather alert properties and scan the
      various service searches on the scanner itself.
      What keys do i have to press?
      thanks so much.
      Jerry Mader

    • AAR9SM
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2011
        I think you scroll down to custom search and scroll down or up until you see
        service search.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2011
          I'll try to attempt to walk you through the steps. It wont be easy for a
          blind person.
          Press Menu and scroll 3 clicks to "Search For", enter or press down on
          scroll knob to reach Service Search.
          First Service Search is Public Safety. Enter or press down on scroll know
          to enter Public Safety search.

          Upon reaching the "Service Search" mode, one click of the scroll knob would
          have placed you in the "News" search.
          Two clicks to "Ham Radio"
          Three clicks to "Marine"
          Four clicks to "Railroad"
          Five clicks to "Air"
          Six clicks to "CB Radio"
          Seven Clicks to "FRS/GMRS/MURS"
          Eight clicks to "Racing"
          Nine clicks to "FM Broadcast"
          Ten clicks to "Military Air"
          Eleven clicks to "Special". I don't know what Special is.

          This is the best I can do with describing the key presses for Service Search.
          I hope all this assists you with enjoying this great scanner.

          Clark

          At 12:15 AM 10/28/2011, you wrote:

          >Hey there.
          >How can i scan the weather and use the weather alert properties and scan the
          >various service searches on the scanner itself.
          >What keys do i have to press?
          >thanks so much.
          >Jerry Mader

        • Jerry Mader