Group Quick Keys

  • jb853
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2011
      I have encountered a problem wherein if I turn off all the group quick keys within a system and try to scan, I can't turn them back on-I get the expected "Nothing to Scan" message but then am unable to get the group quick keys back on. The system and groups are not locked out. The only workaround I found was to utilize programming software to re-program the system with the groups turned on. Can anyone help?
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2011
        This has happened to me as well. I had to program a group, activate it...and then delete it after I got the groups activated again.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2011
          Hold down the FUNC key till the F blinks, now rotate the knob till you find the System your looking for. Then depress the key corresponding to the group within the system you want to enable. Press FUNC key again after to take the radio out of FUNC mode.

          All my systems and groups have a number before the description so that I can easily find which system and group I want to scan. Also when scanning, I know which system and group(s) are active. Also helpful when your in MENU mode looking at programmed systems you have a way to associate the system with a number and the thus the quick key assigned to a particular system.

          So for example:

          0 Close Call
          1 Mutual Aid
          2 USFS
          3 CHP
          4 Santa Barbara County
          5 Airshow
          99 Qck Save Conv Grp

          I'm visual so this is how I can quickly know the quick key to any system assigned.

          Assigning quick key 0 to Close Call is helpful for scanning tagged frequencies in real time...

          Hope that makes sense and helps.