RE: [BCD396XT] Had a question about the buttons on the scanner.

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 17, 2011
      Yes, it does beep when powering on and then again again about 2 seconds
      later if scanning or ready to scan,
      even if no systems are enabled and display reads " Scan Mode Nothing to Scan".

      Clark

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 17, 2011
        Most of the time, yes. I'll explain below.

        When you power it off normally, it will give the beeps both on power
        down and again on power up (power down is descending tones, and power up
        is ascending).

        But, if you power down abnormally, such as removing the batteries, it
        will not give the beeps on power up.

        Joe M.

        Jerry Mader wrote:
        > Can i ask, does it make any beeps on start up that you know of?
        > Or is it just silent till it starts to find something?
        > Thanks a bunch guys. This info is helping.
        > Jerry Mader

      • Jerry Mader
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 17, 2011
          Ok thank you.
          I appreciate that.
          Does the weather alert sound sound like the Old Civil defense sirens do
          like back when they'd test them at noon? you know, the ones, on top of the
          fire halls or is it more like a high low sound or what kind of warble,
          should i expect to hear.
          Just so I'm prepared to hear it.
          I already realize how loud it is so I'm prepared for that part of it now
          what I'm not prepared for is the actual tone and how it sounds.
          Sorry to ask i feel like a kid asking so many questions, But i was always
          taught that if I never asked i wouldn't know the answer.
          Has anyone heard it before or?
          Thank you.
          Jerry Mader

          _____

          Jerry Mader wrote:
          > Can i ask, does it make any beeps on start up that you know of?
          > Or is it just silent till it starts to find something?
          > Thanks a bunch guys. This info is helping.
          > Jerry Mader

        • J Harrell
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 17, 2011
            Hello,

            I have a BCD396XT and I have a question regarding the rubber on both sides
            of the radio. It is used so your hand has a place to grip the radio. Does
            anyone know if this rubber is replaceable and mine has signs of some wear
            and I would like to replace it with a new piece from Uniden if is even
            available. Does any know if this is replaceable and if so hard is it?

            Thanks,

            Joey

          • Jeffry Rehm
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 18, 2011
              Just adding information to the question about the rubber grip. Mine has worn smooth. It still functions ok but is smooth as can be now on most surfaces. It does get a lot of wear though.

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 18, 2011
                That is what mine has done, worn smooth. I agree it does get a lot of wear, I was just wondering if this is even considered a part?

                Thanks,

                Joey