Encryption squelch?

  • cjwalsh@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2011
      Is the BC396xt capable of squelching only encrypted transmissions? For instance, I program all channels that are knowingly encrypted, but I've noticed that frequently those channels go red, and are in the clear, and I only want the radio to unsquelch if there is an open digital channel, instead of getting digital barfs. The rest of the time I would want the radio to ignore stopping on digitally encrypted traffic.
    • mygroups2007@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2011
        That is basically how it works. I do see mine pause very briefly on an encrypted talkgroup and then proceed with scanning. The squelch does not open during this pause, the only way you would know it is if you are looking at the display.

        Occasionally the scanner will pause for longer periods of time and, if I notice this, I usually just temporarily lock out that talkgroup. Not sure why it does that.

        Ron in Eugene

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
          My radio mutes on encrypted traffic, the Pro-106 does not, and its annoying...