Re: Invalid Voltage message

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      The radio says only 6 volts, no range is given and the references on the Uniden wiki don't list a range either. An actual range would be nice to know should I later want to build a power supply for it.

      Either way I suspect it's just a low voltage due to contact resistance as it usually clears up by reseating the connector. If it was an overvoltage condition then reseating wouldn't change it.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
        Here is a paste from Radio Reference. It discuses current consumption. It does not mention working voltage range, however it has amusing findings...

        http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/141970-396xt-current-draw-various-led-colors-brightness.html

        You could put your radio on a variable voltage bench supply and find out at what two points does the radio display "Wrong Voltage". Of course you would not
        want to swing the voltage by too much, as you might destroy the voltage regulator...