Locking and unlocking multiple systems

  • G S H
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30 10:45 AM
      I've had the pleasure of owning a BCD396XT for quite a while now and love its feature set and capabilities. I have it more or less organized in the following manner:

      Systems 0 (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 00) Orange County, NY
      1: Battalion 1 agencies
      2: Battalion 2 agencies,
      etc., etc.
      9: Battalion 9 agencies
      0: Countywide channels

      Systems 1 (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) Rockland County, NY
      1-1 Countywide channels
      1-2 Station 201 agencies
      1-3 Station 301 agencies,
      etc., etc.
      1-6 Station 601 agencies

      Systems 2 (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 20) Westchester County, NY
      2-1: Battalion 1 agencies
      2-2: Battalion 2 agencies,
      etc., etc.
      2-9: Battalion 9 agencies
      2-0: Countywide channels

      Systems 3#, 4#, 5#, etc. (same pattern as above)

      Right now if I'm not interested in monitoring a specific county (say Rockland), I press ./no and 1, 1; ./no, 1, 2; ./no, 1,3; etc., untill all six systems are removed from the scan list. Is there a way to add or delete an entire S# line of systems all at once?

      Greg Hatzis
      KC2zZe

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30 12:33 PM
        There is not, but there is a more logical way of doing what you want.

        Rather than assign 10 systems for different agencies on the same system,
        assign them to the same system and use the 10 Group Quick Keys for the
        different groups. That way, you just have to disable one System.

        Joe M.

        G S H wrote:
        > I've had the pleasure of owning a BCD396XT for quite a while now and love its feature set and capabilities. I have it more or less organized in the following manner:
        >
        > Systems 0 (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 00) Orange County, NY
        > 1: Battalion 1 agencies
        > 2: Battalion 2 agencies,
        > etc., etc.
        > 9: Battalion 9 agencies
        > 0: Countywide channels
        >
        > Systems 1 (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) Rockland County, NY
        > 1-1 Countywide channels
        > 1-2 Station 201 agencies
        > 1-3 Station 301 agencies,
        > etc., etc.
        > 1-6 Station 601 agencies
        >
        > Systems 2 (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 20) Westchester County, NY
        > 2-1: Battalion 1 agencies
        > 2-2: Battalion 2 agencies,
        > etc., etc.
        > 2-9: Battalion 9 agencies
        > 2-0: Countywide channels
        >
        > Systems 3#, 4#, 5#, etc. (same pattern as above)
        >
        > Right now if I'm not interested in monitoring a specific county (say Rockland), I press ./no and 1, 1; ./no, 1, 2; ./no, 1,3; etc., untill all six systems are removed from the scan list. Is there a way to add or delete an entire S# line of systems all at once?
        >
        > Greg Hatzis
        > KC2zZe

      • Jeffry Rehm
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30 1:02 PM
          I believe, if you are in the scan mode just push the appropriate system number. You don't want to listen to system 3 any more, push 3. That simple.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
            > Posted by: "MCH" mch@... NCC74656_USS_Voyager
            > There is not, but there is a more logical way of doing what you want.
            >
            > Rather than assign 10 systems for different agencies on the same system,
            > assign them to the same system and use the 10 Group Quick Keys for the
            > different groups. That way, you just have to disable one System.

            I have the group keys within each system assigned in a standard layout of:

            1 - Law enforcement agencies
            2 - Fire / Rescue services
            3 - Emergency medical services
            4 - Other governmental services (highway departments, etc.)
            5 - Miscellaneous channels

            within each system.