Custom search

  • andre m
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
      When i program a custom search between 470-471 my bcd396xt doesn't pick up any signal analog or digital, i live in the Los Angeles area and theres a lot in that band, is there a setting that will allow a search in the 470.000s. I get a lot of activity with my old analog scanner in this area. i know theres something there Thanks
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
        If you have tone code search "ON" the radio will not decode Digital signals...

        You need to set up your own custom search range. There is not just a "setting".

        Under Search in the main menu, go to Custom Search...set up from there...

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
          Have you enabled Control Channel Only for that search? If so, it will
          only look for control channels. Also, I'm assuming you have that slot
          enabled when searching (if not, press the slot number to enable it).

          Joe M.

          andre m wrote:
          > When i program a custom search between 470-471 my bcd396xt doesn't pick up any signal analog or digital, i live in the Los Angeles area and theres a lot in that band, is there a setting that will allow a search in the 470.000s. I get a lot of activity with my old analog scanner in this area. i know theres something there Thanks
        • KevinChessher
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
            Also make sure Broadcast Screen for UHF TV is off.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
              Yep. I bet that's it.

              Joe M.

              KevinChessher wrote:
              > Also make sure Broadcast Screen for UHF TV is off.

            • keith
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
                Control channel only is enabled, but no control channel activity either.
                Sent from my BlackBerry� by Boost Mobile

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
                  How do I check for that??

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2011
                    Your right it worked I turned the broadcast screen off UHF TV and the scanner is talking like crazy thanks guys
                    Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile

                    > Also make sure Broadcast Screen for UHF TV is off.

                  • Kevin Chessher
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 29, 2011
                      Good deal!