Hello had another question for ya

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
      Hello there.
      Just wondered how often does Uniden upgrade the firmware.
      I know when i had the radio shack brand of scanner it wasn't updated quite a
      lot.
      I was only wondering do they support a scanner once it's discontinued or do
      they stop making firmware for the unit all together.
      I'm just curious.
      Later
      Jerry Mader

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
        Uniden has had firmware updates for discontinued models, but generally
        once a product is discontinued, the frequency of updates drops. For
        current production units, the frequency varies depending on what (or if)
        bugs are found or features are added (which is rare for features to be
        added, but it does happen).

        Joe M.

        Jerry Mader wrote:
        > Hello there.
        > Just wondered how often does Uniden upgrade the firmware.
        > I know when i had the radio shack brand of scanner it wasn't updated quite a
        > lot.
        > I was only wondering do they support a scanner once it's discontinued or do
        > they stop making firmware for the unit all together.
        > I'm just curious.
        > Later
        > Jerry Mader

      • Jerry Mader
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
          Oh cool thanks Joe.
          Yeah I'm gonna get the scanner from my family for a combination of birthday
          and Christmas present.
          I love being older now, i get to choose my own gifts lol.
          Jerry Mader

          _____