Re: [BCD396XT] Display received PL / DPL . . ?

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
      Yes.

      Set the channel for ANALOG ONLY and
      select SEARCH for the CTCSS/DCS.

      Joe M.

      graphotypist wrote:
      > Is there a way to display the PL or DPL of an unknown signal being picked up? I want to not only save it in the XT, but also be able to program it into other radios.

    • Jason W. Watts, WB0CID
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
        Use the CTCSS/DCS Search function when you bring up the options menu.

        That is essentially the same thing as PL/DPL.

        Jason W. Watts
        WB0CID
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
          Or, if it's a Close Call or SEARCH hit, enable the
          CTCSS/DCS SEARCH in the Close Call / Search options.

          Joe M.

          graphotypist wrote:
          > Is there a way to display the PL or DPL of an unknown signal being picked up? I want to not only save it in the XT, but also be able to program it into other radios.

        • graphotypist
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
            And that will show what the code is, or will it just put the code into memory?

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
              If it's on a programmed channel, it will show what the tone or code is
              and will give you the option to program it into memory if you hit the
              ENTER button. For CC or searches, it will show the tone or code, and
              will program the code with the frequency if you opt to program it into
              memory - also by hitting the ENTER button.

              Joe M.