Display received PL / DPL . . ?

  • graphotypist
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
      Is there a way to display the PL or DPL of an unknown signal being picked up? I want to not only save it in the XT, but also be able to program it into other radios.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
        Yes.

        Set the channel for ANALOG ONLY and
        select SEARCH for the CTCSS/DCS.

        Joe M.

        graphotypist wrote:
        > Is there a way to display the PL or DPL of an unknown signal being picked up? I want to not only save it in the XT, but also be able to program it into other radios.

      • Jason W. Watts, WB0CID
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
          Use the CTCSS/DCS Search function when you bring up the options menu.

          That is essentially the same thing as PL/DPL.

          Jason W. Watts
          WB0CID
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2011
            Or, if it's a Close Call or SEARCH hit, enable the
            CTCSS/DCS SEARCH in the Close Call / Search options.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
              And that will show what the code is, or will it just put the code into memory?

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
                If it's on a programmed channel, it will show what the tone or code is
                and will give you the option to program it into memory if you hit the
                ENTER button. For CC or searches, it will show the tone or code, and
                will program the code with the frequency if you opt to program it into
                memory - also by hitting the ENTER button.

                Joe M.