Channel stays open

  • petepry@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2011
      I have a 396xt also a 346xt and having the same problem on both radios. Margate FD dispatch which is part of Coral Springs; the radio stays open on dispatch channel. This just started about 2 weeks ago. I have set up the reband when Coral Springs first rebanded. The control frequencies I have are;
      853.87500
      853.62500
      852.5500
      852.3000
      The group for dispatch is, 49712.
      Any help will be appreciated
      Pete
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2011
        Assuming it isn't an actual stuck mic, two setting on the scanner might be
        suspect:

        1) Be sure your squelch is not set too low.
        2) Be sure End Code Detect is enabled for the system.