Re: [BCD396XT] Updates to the at

  • John
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 13 9:29 AM
      No, it's ONE update and an additional UPGRADE if you want to pay for it, not
      two additional updates..... Difference being update is FREE and Upgrade you
      pay for and they will be "packaged" together in one download to make it
      easier for those who already pre-purchased a key or will buy one later.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 13 10:38 AM
        What system is it, maybe someone can help you with setting up some settings
        to help. That said, your asking a $500 scanner to do what, on some systems a
        $3000 or $5000 user radio can't do either......

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 13 12:26 PM
          Would I be right in thinking that this problem is really "a fact of life" with Simulcast in fringe (overlap) areas. Also that the degree of the problem is as much, if not more so, a function of the System design and implementation than the performance of the receiver (Scanner).

          Rgds Bill L

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 13 3:21 PM
            As the problem only seems to happen on some systems and not all of the same type, I would say you are correct.

            Joe M.

            On Sat 13/08/11 3:26 PM , "Bill Lauchlan" bill.lauchlan@... sent:
            > Would I be right in thinking that this problem is really "a fact of
            > life" with Simulcast in fringe (overlap) areas. Also that the degree
            > of the problem is as much, if not more so, a function of the System design
            > and implementation than the performance of the receiver (Scanner).
            > Rgds Bill L
          • John
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 13 3:35 PM
              There are a lot of factors. Many systems are set up where you can't hear
              them outside their boundaries, others are just plain set up wrong and if
              your radio isn't programmed for the correct timing it just won't work right,
              poor design, and much more affect things. Simulcast is really a bad and
              cheap way of doing things. Indy paid for separate sites and so forth in the
              contract but with "cost overruns" Moto ended up building out a junk
              simulcast system with out of spec timing. Result is poor coverage, poor
              reception and that’s just for the subscriber radios. Scanners can't pick the
              system up in some parts of Marion County...... and Moto is in no hurry to
              fix it, neither is MECA for that matter..... at least not until a police
              officer or firefighter die because of it......