Fleetnet Whitby Tower

  • Rob Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2011
      I'm not sure if this is a Fleetnet issue or a Uniden issue, but I was driving along the 401 the other day, with both my 396XT and 346XT tuned to Fleet net. The 396 has the digital talkgroups programmed and the 346 is all analog. Well I switched from King City to Mowat towers with no problem, but when I hit Whitby the 396 went quiet; the 346 kept receiving. If I hit hold on the 396 I could hear the control channel rattling away. So I put the 396 in search mode and it started pulling in the ana log talkgroups, same as the 346. After a few minutes the digital talkgroups started pop ping up so I put the 396 back into scan mode. It worked fine after that.

      I'm at a loss as to why it would suddenly stop receiving the digital channels for a few minutes while the analog ones were just fine. Has any one else ever noticed something like this?

      Rob