Programming Software

  • Ralph`
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
      What is the best software for programming my scanner
      Thanks: Ralph
    • Eric Knippert
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
        On 8/10/2011 12:07 PM, Ralph` wrote:

        > What is the best software for programming my scanner
        > Thanks: Ralph

        Sigh...not this again.
      • danny r
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
          I would recommend you do a search in this group and do some Google searches online.

          As everything, everyone has there own picks/views on what they value and which they feel is the best one for them.

          --Danny

          dannypa_27@...

          http://danny.lookscool.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
            FreeScan..... and it's free but the author accepts donations which helps
            keep him working on scanner software.

            Also search the messages, this questions been asked a lot....

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
              At 05:07 AM 8/11/2011, you wrote:
              >What is the best software for programming my scanner

              This has been discussed before, so it's worth searching through the
              group archives. I don't think there's a single "best" software
              package. Pick one that others think is good and suits your needs and
              budget. I use Freescan, which seems to do all I need, and the price
              is right as a bonus. I'd certainly recommend taking a look at Freescan.

              73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
              http://vkradio.com
            • J Harrell
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10, 2011
                I also use freescan as it works well with and I have never had any problems with it not working correctly. Of course if your programming cable is like mine make sure you have a serial port available that works and you should be good to go. If you have a laptop you will probably need to purchase a usb to serial adapter to make it work unless your cable is already usb (mine wasn’t). If you need one here is the one I purchased. http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoserial.asp

                Take care and goodluck!

                Joey

                dannypa_27@... <mailto:dannypa_27%40yahoo.com>

                http://danny.lookscool.com

                > What is the best software for programming my scanner

                > Thanks: Ralph

                Sigh...not this again.