Re: [BCD396XT] Having trouble installing latest firmware upgrade

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
      Based on the error message, I suspect one of the following:

      1) You have a BCD396T, and not a BCD396XT.
      2) You have not correctly set the port number to match the port the scanner is connected to.
      3) You failed to unzip the "scn" file (Step 2) and are trying to apply the "zip" file to the scanner.

      UPMan

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
        I had the same issue. Be sure your COM port is properly selected. For instance, the COM port I use in Freescan is COM port 5, but the upgrade assumes COM port 1. It does however, allow you to select it just before installation to the radio starts.