Having trouble installing latest firmware upgrade

  • cm8919
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
      I followed the procedure and unzipped both files but keep getting an
      error message:
      Can't find object

      Thanks
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
        I've not seen that error before, but it might help to know on which specific
        step on the following page the error occurs:

        http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate

      • Mr Charles Matas
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
          My   problem  occurs  when I run BC_VUP
          I click Ok to start update
          Displays screen  where you check if major update
          Then displays error  message  ;  the scanner is not an object to BCD 396Xt
          Rewriting  is impossible

          ________________________________
          I've not seen that error before, but it might help to know on which specific
          step on the following page the error occurs:

          http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate

        • Uniden UPMan
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
            Based on the error message, I suspect one of the following:

            1) You have a BCD396T, and not a BCD396XT.
            2) You have not correctly set the port number to match the port the scanner is connected to.
            3) You failed to unzip the "scn" file (Step 2) and are trying to apply the "zip" file to the scanner.

            UPMan

            >Displays screen  where you check if major update
            >Then displays error  message  ;  the scanner is not an object to BCD 396Xt
            >Rewriting  is impossible

          • tuckyguy08
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011
              I had the same issue. Be sure your COM port is properly selected. For instance, the COM port I use in Freescan is COM port 5, but the upgrade assumes COM port 1. It does however, allow you to select it just before installation to the radio starts.