Re: [BCD396XT] Display CTCSS or PL Tone

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26 5:19 PM
      Clark,

      You need enable CTCSS/DCS Search in a different menu...

      Use the menu key to get to it.

      on the 396XT, it's inside Srch/CloCall Opt

      Then you want: Tone/Code Search. Go inside this menu, and select CTCSS/DCS Search.

      Note: if you have this enabled, and you run across a digital signal, it will not decode P-25 Audio...

      -L

      On Jul 26, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

      > The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
      > Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
      > in "Custom Search" mode.
      >
      > It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
      > Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.
      >
      > Clark
      >
      > At 04:38 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
      >
      > >Yes...
      > >

      > >On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:
      > >
      > > > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
      > > >
      > > > Clark

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26 5:59 PM
        Thanks Lance, got it now.

        Clark

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26 9:05 PM
          I'll add: Yes - provided that option is enabled.

          Joe M.