Re: [BCD396XT] Display CTCSS or PL Tone

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26 5:02 PM
      The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
      Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
      in "Custom Search" mode.

      It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
      Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.

      Clark

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26 5:19 PM
        Clark,

        You need enable CTCSS/DCS Search in a different menu...

        Use the menu key to get to it.

        on the 396XT, it's inside Srch/CloCall Opt

        Then you want: Tone/Code Search. Go inside this menu, and select CTCSS/DCS Search.

        Note: if you have this enabled, and you run across a digital signal, it will not decode P-25 Audio...

        -L

        On Jul 26, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

        > The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
        > Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
        > in "Custom Search" mode.
        >
        > It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
        > Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.
        >
        > Clark
        >
        > At 04:38 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
        >
        > >Yes...
        > >

        > >On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:
        > >
        > > > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
        > > >
        > > > Clark

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26 5:59 PM
          Thanks Lance, got it now.

          Clark

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 26 9:05 PM
            I'll add: Yes - provided that option is enabled.

            Joe M.