Display CTCSS or PL Tone

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
      Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?

      Clark
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
        Yes...

        On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

        > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
        >
        > Clark

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
          The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
          Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
          in "Custom Search" mode.

          It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
          Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.

          Clark

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
            Clark,

            You need enable CTCSS/DCS Search in a different menu...

            Use the menu key to get to it.

            on the 396XT, it's inside Srch/CloCall Opt

            Then you want: Tone/Code Search. Go inside this menu, and select CTCSS/DCS Search.

            Note: if you have this enabled, and you run across a digital signal, it will not decode P-25 Audio...

            -L

            On Jul 26, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

            > The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
            > Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
            > in "Custom Search" mode.
            >
            > It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
            > Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.
            >
            > Clark
            >
            > At 04:38 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
            >
            > >Yes...
            > >

            > >On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:
            > >
            > > > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
            > > >
            > > > Clark

          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
              Thanks Lance, got it now.

              Clark

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
                I'll add: Yes - provided that option is enabled.

                Joe M.