Earpiece for 396XT

  • BDR431@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2011
      (Cross-posted to Carmachicago yahoo! group)

      I already own the Shadow earpiece (ordered from Scanner Master). I am
      looking for something similar to the NB 400 or NB 700 (as listed on Scanner
      Master) that would be compatible with the 396XT. Any/alll suggestions welcome.

      Brian Riley

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
        Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?

        Clark
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
          Yes...

          On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

          > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
          >
          > Clark

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
            The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
            Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
            in "Custom Search" mode.

            It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
            Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.

            Clark

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
              Clark,

              You need enable CTCSS/DCS Search in a different menu...

              Use the menu key to get to it.

              on the 396XT, it's inside Srch/CloCall Opt

              Then you want: Tone/Code Search. Go inside this menu, and select CTCSS/DCS Search.

              Note: if you have this enabled, and you run across a digital signal, it will not decode P-25 Audio...

              -L

              On Jul 26, 2011, at 5:02 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:

              > The reason I asked is because I don't see a PL search option in the "Custom
              > Search" edit options and my 996XT doestn't seem to detect or display a Pl
              > in "Custom Search" mode.
              >
              > It does detect and display a PL if a frequency is entered as a channel in a
              > Group and scanned and even will search for a PL when scanning.
              >
              > Clark
              >
              > At 04:38 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
              >
              > >Yes...
              > >

              > >On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Clark Rennie wrote:
              > >
              > > > Will the XTs display a CTCSS or PL or DPS tone when in Custom Search mode ?
              > > >
              > > > Clark

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
                Thanks Lance, got it now.

                Clark

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
                  I'll add: Yes - provided that option is enabled.

                  Joe M.